Posted by hb60
Digon

Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

Hi,

I can easily connect my MacbookPro with High Sierra to my iMacPro with Mojave beta 4. I see the screen of the distant Mac, but no way to have control. Security and Privacy System Preferences are correctly enabled.

Any idea ? 

Thank you,

HB

 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by hb60
Digon
Solution

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

Just installed Mojave public.

Teamviewer works correctly BUT you have to add Teamwiever app AND Teamviewer_Desktop in the two panes Prefs>Security>Privacy>Accessibility  AND in Full Access.

To find Teamviewer_Desktop, open Teamviewer Package (ctrl-click on Teamviewer), open Contents>MacOS then drop it in the 2 panes.

 

44 Replies
Posted by bachofen
Digon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

I can confirm this. It worked with Mojave beta 3, but there seems to be a bug with the Security and Privacy System Preferences now.

I did some research and there doesn't seem to be a way to enable Teamviewer control manually, e.g. via Terminal. It looks like we have to wait for beta 5 and give Feedback to Apple.

Posted by bachofen
Digon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

Fixed with Mojave Public Beta 4.

Posted by FriarJnr1971
Digon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

I am on Mojave 10.14 Beta (18A384a), very latest update, and still have this issue. How do I resolve?

Thanks.

Posted by bachofen
Digon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

Go to System Preferences > Security > Privacy > Accessability: Is the checkbox next to TeamViewer_Desktop checked?

Posted by FriarJnr1971
Digon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

Thanks. Yeah, that's what I thought it would be but it's already checked. I've tried unchecking and rechecking too.

I haven't tried a full uninstall and re-install yet though so maybe that'll sort it.

Posted by liuwin7
Digon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

I reinstall it on macOS Mojave 10.14 Beta (18A384a). Unfortunately no work yet.
Posted by FriarJnr1971
Digon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

Same here, I uninstalled on local and remote machines and it worked once, then the problem returned. Hasn't the beta been out long enough now for this to be resolved?

Posted by liuwin7
Digon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

The remote machine's screen cannot be woke up, when a new connection coming. But, the machine can be controlled after I light the screen up. Another situation is that when I am using my Mac (already logged in), the machine also can be controlled.
Posted by hb60
Digon
Solution

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

Just installed Mojave public.

Teamviewer works correctly BUT you have to add Teamwiever app AND Teamviewer_Desktop in the two panes Prefs>Security>Privacy>Accessibility  AND in Full Access.

To find Teamviewer_Desktop, open Teamviewer Package (ctrl-click on Teamviewer), open Contents>MacOS then drop it in the 2 panes.

 

Posted by FriarJnr1971
Digon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

I have had this configuration all through beta with no luck but now that Mojave is out of beta I will see if it works, therefore I won't consider this as a solution until it works for me.

Posted by FriarJnr1971
Digon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

Nope, still not working for me. I've done everything exactly as stated and still no mouse or keyboard input controls. Going to uninstall and reinstall at both ends again and if it still doesn't work then I'll have to give up I guess :(

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

Hi @FriarJnr1971,

Are you now using the public release of macOS 10.14? If you click the Apple icon in the top-left corner and select "About this Mac", does it have the word "Beta" after 10.14 for the version?

Also, can you let me know the exact version of TeamViewer you're using on that Mac. To find this, open the TeamViewer window and select "About TeamViewer" on the TeamViewer menu up the top. I'm interested in knowing the full version number shown there.

Thanks!

Regards,
Jeremy
TeamViewer Quality Assurance Engineer
Posted by hb60
Digon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

Hi,

 

Never give up ! It has to work.

J'm installing today Mojave on my iMac Pro, I see if the procedure I propose works or not, it worked with Mojave beta, reinstalling Teamviewer several times with many problems of connection. The only way I succeeded was to disable password for the distant mac.

On the Macbook Pro no problem, with the iMac we will see ...

Sorry for my english, I'm french ...

Posted by hb60
Digon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

Hello,

No it's with the final release of Mojave,  nevertheless it worked also with Mojave beta.

My version of Teamviewer is 13.2.14328.

As I say in another post, I check if it works also with my iMac Pro, I install Mojave today.

The described procedure worked for my MacBook Pro (Mojave), I can access it from the iMac Pro (High Sierra) and also from my iPhone (IOS 12.1).

I will see if it's OK with Mojave installed on each device.

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

Hi @hb60,

Thanks for the info and for checking this on your iMac! We're also investigating this right now too. Our current understanding is that TeamViewer should work on Mojave after you have enabled it in the Accessibility pane of the Security and Privacy settings. So I'm interested to know of situations where this isn't the case.

Regards,
Jeremy
TeamViewer Quality Assurance Engineer
Posted by Preacha
Henagon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

I have these problems, too with the public mojave and latest Teamviewer version.

Sometimes it works if I sat directly at the connected computer before. I noticed that Mojave is locked after disconnecting. Then the control seems not to work anymore after the 5th connection at the latest.
I already made the setting from the thread.

Posted by hb60
Digon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

With Mojave now on my 2 macs, no problem to connect and take control.

I'd only to give permission in Security and Privacy, no more.

For information, I remember that it worked with Mojave beta only with "easy access" enabled.

Posted by FriarJnr1971
Digon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting


@Jeremy wrote:

Hi @FriarJnr1971,

Are you now using the public release of macOS 10.14? If you click the Apple icon in the top-left corner and select "About this Mac", does it have the word "Beta" after 10.14 for the version?

Also, can you let me know the exact version of TeamViewer you're using on that Mac. To find this, open the TeamViewer window and select "About TeamViewer" on the TeamViewer menu up the top. I'm interested in knowing the full version number shown there.

Thanks!


Hi,

Yes I am experiencing these issues with the public release (Version 10.14) and I am using the latest TeamViewer, it says no updates available (13.2.14328).

Under Privacy in security & Privacy I have TeamViewer, TeamViewer_Desktop & TeamViewer_Service all in there and ticked.

I am able to supply additional information though, when I tried to connect the screen I was presented with was my iMac unlocked, as I had left it in the morning. Yet when I returned in the evening, it was at the login screen and the password field was filled with numerous characters suggesting that my key strokes were being sent but the screen wasn't refreshing and the return key not being registered!

The machine I am trying to connect from is running macOS 10.13.6 and TeamViewer 13.2.14328.

Any further suggestions would be much appreciated.

Posted by FriarJnr1971
Digon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting


@hb60 wrote:

Hi,

 

Never give up ! It has to work.

J'm installing today Mojave on my iMac Pro, I see if the procedure I propose works or not, it worked with Mojave beta, reinstalling Teamviewer several times with many problems of connection. The only way I succeeded was to disable password for the distant mac.

On the Macbook Pro no problem, with the iMac we will see ...

Sorry for my english, I'm french ...


Hi,

No worries, appreciate the suggestions and your English is much better than my French :)

I have tried disabling the lock screen on the remote iMac, still with no luck :(

Posted by WestTechNYC
Henagon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

Yay! This fixed my issues that I was having.
I could connect to my Mac but not click on anything on the Mac. Now everything works as it should!
Posted by FriarJnr1971
Digon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting


@WestTechNYC wrote:
Yay! This fixed my issues that I was having.
I could connect to my Mac but not click on anything on the Mac. Now everything works as it should!

Glad it's working for you, I'm still having no luck and the suggestions to fix seem to have dried up. I may have to seek alternative solutions :(

Posted by liuwin7
Digon

nRe: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

Here is my solution.

1, Uninstall the TeamViewer in its Preference -> Advanced -> Uninstall,  uninstall TV with the option "delete the config"checked.

2, Install the latest version TV.

3, Connect the TV using another TV client on iOS or Mac or Windows.

4, There will be a alert for adding the "TeamViewer_Desktop" to Prefs>Security>Privacy>Accessibility. Allow it.

5, When screen is highted you can connect the Mac for free. But when the screen is locked (blank), your first connection still cannot open the display of your Mac. Close the connection and connect it again, the display will be On and you can control your Mac again. 

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

Hi everyone,

We've just published a new Knowledge Base article which explains how to configure Macs running macOS 10.14 to allow TeamViewer to control them. You can find it here:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-control-a-Mac-running-macOS-10-14-Mojave/t...

I hope that helps everyone to figure out how to get it working!

Regards,
Jeremy
TeamViewer Quality Assurance Engineer
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

Hi @FriarJnr1971,

If you're still not able to control the remote Mac after following the instructions in our new KB article, can you please try the following steps and see if it helps?...

First, remove all references to TeamViewer from the Privacy pane, as follows:

  1. Go to System Preferences, then Security & Privacy, then Privacy, then Accessibility.
  2. Select each TeamViewer entry there and remove it by clicking the button underneath with the minus symbol. So, "TeamViewer" and "TeamViewer_Desktop" and "TeamViewer_Service".

Next, fully uninstall TeamViewer as folows:

  1. Open the TeamViewer window, click the TeamViewer menu and go to Preferences.
  2. Go to the Advanced tab and scroll to the very bottom.
  3. Click the Uninstall button.

Next, download and install TeamViewer once more: www.teamviewer.com/download.

Once installed, connect to the Mac from another computer. You should now get the Accessibility Access dialog. Or if not, you should be able to go back to the Privacy pane in Security & Privacy settings, and add TeamViewer back there, as described in the Knowledge Base article.

Regards,
Jeremy
TeamViewer Quality Assurance Engineer
Posted by fran_lfc
Neutron

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

this worked for me but just had to add the app, not the desktop_something

Posted by Preacha
Henagon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

I did that but still no luck.

I can connect to the Mac if i controlled it right before but after some time of inactivity and after the lock out via teamviewer i can only connect and see the login screen but i can not controle it anymore.

Posted by FriarJnr1971
Digon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting


@Jeremy wrote:

Hi @FriarJnr1971,

If you're still not able to control the remote Mac after following the instructions in our new KB article, can you please try the following steps and see if it helps?...

First, remove all references to TeamViewer from the Privacy pane, as follows:

  1. Go to System Preferences, then Security & Privacy, then Privacy, then Accessibility.
  2. Select each TeamViewer entry there and remove it by clicking the button underneath with the minus symbol. So, "TeamViewer" and "TeamViewer_Desktop" and "TeamViewer_Service".

Next, fully uninstall TeamViewer as folows:

  1. Open the TeamViewer window, click the TeamViewer menu and go to Preferences.
  2. Go to the Advanced tab and scroll to the very bottom.
  3. Click the Uninstall button.

Next, download and install TeamViewer once more: www.teamviewer.com/download.

Once installed, connect to the Mac from another computer. You should now get the Accessibility Access dialog. Or if not, you should be able to go back to the Privacy pane in Security & Privacy settings, and add TeamViewer back there, as described in the Knowledge Base article.


Hi,

I have tried all this several times and still with no luck, however in a round about way I have got it to work.

If I try to connect via my local iMac, I am presented with the active desktop of the remote iMac, despite the fact that I left the remote iMac on the lock screen, but I have no control! However, if I try to connect from my iPad, I am presented with the lock screen (as I'd expect) and I can enter my credential and take control as expected. Now what is really weird is that if I then close the connection and try again via the iMac, I am then presented with the lock screen but this time I CAN enter my credentials and take control, how weird!

Connecting 1st via the iPad seems to 'unjam' the issue?! Connection via the iMac will continue to work until I try again the following day.

I have tried all suggestions to fix this issue on both the local and remote iMac so really not sure as to where the issue is.

Any further suggestions or shall I just keep the iPad handy :)

Thanks.

Posted by FriarJnr1971
Digon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting


@FriarJnr1971 wrote:

@Jeremy wrote:

Hi @FriarJnr1971,

If you're still not able to control the remote Mac after following the instructions in our new KB article, can you please try the following steps and see if it helps?...

First, remove all references to TeamViewer from the Privacy pane, as follows:

  1. Go to System Preferences, then Security & Privacy, then Privacy, then Accessibility.
  2. Select each TeamViewer entry there and remove it by clicking the button underneath with the minus symbol. So, "TeamViewer" and "TeamViewer_Desktop" and "TeamViewer_Service".

Next, fully uninstall TeamViewer as folows:

  1. Open the TeamViewer window, click the TeamViewer menu and go to Preferences.
  2. Go to the Advanced tab and scroll to the very bottom.
  3. Click the Uninstall button.

Next, download and install TeamViewer once more: www.teamviewer.com/download.

Once installed, connect to the Mac from another computer. You should now get the Accessibility Access dialog. Or if not, you should be able to go back to the Privacy pane in Security & Privacy settings, and add TeamViewer back there, as described in the Knowledge Base article.


Hi,

I have tried all this several times and still with no luck, however in a round about way I have got it to work.

If I try to connect via my local iMac, I am presented with the active desktop of the remote iMac, despite the fact that I left the remote iMac on the lock screen, but I have no control! However, if I try to connect from my iPad, I am presented with the lock screen (as I'd expect) and I can enter my credential and take control as expected. Now what is really weird is that if I then close the connection and try again via the iMac, I am then presented with the lock screen but this time I CAN enter my credentials and take control, how weird!

Connecting 1st via the iPad seems to 'unjam' the issue?! Connection via the iMac will continue to work until I try again the following day.

I have tried all suggestions to fix this issue on both the local and remote iMac so really not sure as to where the issue is.

Any further suggestions or shall I just keep the iPad handy :)

Thanks.


OK, update. It's now stopped working on iPad too :(

When I connect I'm presented with the desktop and not the login screen.

Think I'll have to look elsewhere for a replacement to TeamViewer as I've tried everything with no luck :smileyfrustrated:

Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

Hi @FriarJnr1971,

Can you try this: open TeamViewer and go to Preferences, then check "Run TeamViewer as System" and apply the change. TeamViewer will restart. The next time an incoming connection is received on the Mac, you'll probably have another dialog box appear which asks you to grant access to "TeamViewer_Desktop", which you should do.

Then - after you've confirmed that "TeamViewer_Desktop" has been enabled in the Privacy pane in System Settings - try to reproduce the issue, ie. by connecting to this Mac while the Mac is showing the lock screen. I'd like to know if running TeamViewer as System makes any difference to your ability to control the Mac from the lock screen.

I've tried to reproduce this myself - connecting to a remote Mac while it was showing the lock screen, or connecting to it while it was completely logged out of the user account - and it worked correctly every time, allowing me to enter my credentials into the remote Mac to unlock it. At no time did it show me the active desktop of the remote Mac when the remote Mac was actually locked. So at the moment I'm not sure why you're having this experience. Perhaps there is some other factor on your Mac causing this to happen.

I hope you're able to get it working. Unfortunately this new security mechanism that Apple have introduced with macOS 10.14 - which requires you to grant access before your Mac can be controlled - affects all remote control software, not only TeamViewer.

Regards,
Jeremy
TeamViewer Quality Assurance Engineer
8 Replies
Posted by Preacha
Henagon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

I already have granted access to TeamViewer_Desktop but still have these problems.

The first or second connection always runs OK but after some hours of inactivity (while i´m not connected and also no one is using the mac) i will have these problems again after next connection. I keep the mac online with the app amphetamine in the meanwhile.

 

Greetings

 

Stefan

Posted by SwePhil
Henagon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

I have tried this and it still does not work. At the moment I am running MacOS Mojave 10.14.1 Beta, build 18B73a. Also did not work in previous build.

As someone suggested, to get the TeamViewer_Desktop out of the installation package, I have disected the packages contained in the latest download and could not find it. The _Desktop is checked under Accesiblity but in Full Access there is only the TeamViewer app.

Posted by JohnC3
Henagon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

I was having the same problem of being able to connect to MacBook Pro/Mohave OS but no control with either mouse or keyboard. I had added TeamViewer and Teamviewer_Desktop to both the Security & Privacy Accessibility and Full Access sections. Still wouldn't work. I ended up doing a Teamviewer full uninstall per the below instructions (make sure you click the "also deleted configuration files" box.) Reinstalled Teamviewer version 14 and all works well now. Able to access MacBook from Windows Surface Pro with full use of mouse & keyboard.

Posted by FriarJnr1971
Digon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting


@JohnC3 wrote:

I was having the same problem of being able to connect to MacBook Pro/Mohave OS but no control with either mouse or keyboard. I had added TeamViewer and Teamviewer_Desktop to both the Security & Privacy Accessibility and Full Access sections. Still wouldn't work. I ended up doing a Teamviewer full uninstall per the below instructions (make sure you click the "also deleted configuration files" box.) Reinstalled Teamviewer version 14 and all works well now. Able to access MacBook from Windows Surface Pro with full use of mouse & keyboard.


Hi and thanks, but I have already tried this several times with no luck. No suggestions offered up have worked for me thus far.

I am currently seeking alternative software to replace TeamViewer now.

Posted by FriarJnr1971
Digon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting


@Jeremy wrote:

Hi @FriarJnr1971,

Can you try this: open TeamViewer and go to Preferences, then check "Run TeamViewer as System" and apply the change. TeamViewer will restart. The next time an incoming connection is received on the Mac, you'll probably have another dialog box appear which asks you to grant access to "TeamViewer_Desktop", which you should do.

Then - after you've confirmed that "TeamViewer_Desktop" has been enabled in the Privacy pane in System Settings - try to reproduce the issue, ie. by connecting to this Mac while the Mac is showing the lock screen. I'd like to know if running TeamViewer as System makes any difference to your ability to control the Mac from the lock screen.

I've tried to reproduce this myself - connecting to a remote Mac while it was showing the lock screen, or connecting to it while it was completely logged out of the user account - and it worked correctly every time, allowing me to enter my credentials into the remote Mac to unlock it. At no time did it show me the active desktop of the remote Mac when the remote Mac was actually locked. So at the moment I'm not sure why you're having this experience. Perhaps there is some other factor on your Mac causing this to happen.

I hope you're able to get it working. Unfortunately this new security mechanism that Apple have introduced with macOS 10.14 - which requires you to grant access before your Mac can be controlled - affects all remote control software, not only TeamViewer.


Hi and thanks for the suggestion but I can't even find the "Run TeamViewer as System" option. I've been through the preferences several times. Can you advise which section/button this is under as I am still having this issue :(

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

Hi @FriarJnr1971

It's found on the "General" tab in TeamViewer Preferences. It's actually called "Start TeamViewer with System" and you should see it directly underneath the field "Your display name" at the top of that tab.

Regards,
Jeremy
TeamViewer Quality Assurance Engineer
Posted by FriarJnr1971
Digon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting


@Jeremy wrote:

Hi @FriarJnr1971

It's found on the "General" tab in TeamViewer Preferences. It's actually called "Start TeamViewer with System" and you should see it directly underneath the field "Your display name" at the top of that tab.


Hi Jeremy,

Ah, yes that was the confusion. I already had the "Start TeamViewer with System" option ticked so this hasn't resolved my issue either.

Might totally uninstall, and do a clean macOS install, the reinstall TeamViewer and see if that resolves it as a last measure. After that (if still not working) I'll be officially abandoning TeamViewer.

Thanks, Luke.

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

Hi @FriarJnr1971,

Doing a clean reinstall of the OS sounds like a good idea. It's likely there is something else on your system that is preventing TeamViewer from working on Mojave as it should. Neither TeamViewer, nor any other remote control software that requires the macOS accessibility access, is able to get around this new restriction on Mojave - however, our app does work the way Apple requires it to work under Mojave, which leads me to suspect there must be some other factor causing this blockage on your computer. I really hope you're able to solve it!

Regards,
Jeremy
TeamViewer Quality Assurance Engineer
Posted by FriarJnr1971
Digon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

I was about to do the clean macOS install when I noticed there was a (beta) update to TeamViewer. This resolved my issue and the subsequent full release is still working.

Therefore, that would suggest to me that the issue must have been with TeamViewer since previous (multiple) clean installs of the previous version didn’t work.

Let’s hope this one stays stable!

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

Hi @FriarJnr1971,

It's good to hear that it's working for you now. Do you mean you had been running a beta version of TeamViewer until now? I had assumed you had been running at least the final (non-beta) version of TeamViewer 14 that was released around the end of October. What is the version number that you have now (from "About TeamViewer")?

Regards,
Jeremy
TeamViewer Quality Assurance Engineer
Posted by FriarJnr1971
Digon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting


@Jeremy wrote:

Hi @FriarJnr1971,

It's good to hear that it's working for you now. Do you mean you had been running a beta version of TeamViewer until now? I had assumed you had been running at least the final (non-beta) version of TeamViewer 14 that was released around the end of October. What is the version number that you have now (from "About TeamViewer")?


No, I had been running a full public (non-beta) release when I was experiencing the issues. I was about to do a clean macOS install but decided to check for a TeamViewer update one more time and there was a beta one (came via the desktop application) which I installed (without doing an uninstall first) and all worked. This was then updated literally days later, through an update available alert, to a full public release which I am current running (14.0.13880).

Posted by rdaven69
Electron

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

I have tried this and still am not seeing the icon showing up.
Posted by Dal_fe
Henagon

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

I am having this problem right now. I have both teamviewr and teamvierdesktop on accessibility  , and full disk access. Still, I can connect and see the screen but no mouse or keyboard control.

Posted by Fabs_Han
Electron

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

Tha was the solution : tick the 2 boxes Teamviewer AND Teamviewer Desktop in the preference panel Security > Confidentiality

Everything works fine now

Fabien

Posted by vilas
Neutron

Re: Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

You need to select both TeamViewer and TeamViewer_Desktop in
--> Settings,
--> security & privacy settings,
--> Accessibility 

on MacBook pro (Mojave) then it will grant remote access.