TeamViewer 13 on HYPER V with Windows 10 Clients

duggan59
duggan59 Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions

I am working with in environment with WINDOWS SERVER 2012 running HYPER V. The Clients are DELL WYSE 3030 terminals running on WINDOWS 10 PRO as VM's. I have about 30 of the WYSE Terminals in our offices. Originally, we had TeamViewer 10 installed on them. My workstation is a standard PC running WINDOWS 10 PRO and sometime in the past month, TeamViewer was updated to VERSION 13. Since that time, I am having intermitten success in connectly to the VM Clients.

Now, beings that I am in a VM environment, I have been more relient on Remote Desktop for accessing the Clients. RD does not give me the same capabilities as TV. I am not 100% sure if this is a HYPER V/VM issue that just occurred or if it has been happening the entire time.

ANy help would be great.

Thank You,

Eddie

Comments

• duggan59
    duggan59 Posts: 3

Just FYI stuff here. I worked with TV Tech Support yesterday. The TECH Remoted in and I was able to show him the issue. Now, I have this issue exclusively on my VM's within the LAN. The actual Desktop PCs, running same WINDOWS 10 PRO, are NOT experiencing the problem.

I can access each the VM systems with RDP or MSTSC. Support thought that a possible issue with Admin system using TV - 13.1.1582 and accessing VMs with TV 12 may have been the issue. When I went into the VMs, I noticed some on the clients did not even have TV running in background, I took and fully uninstalled the TV 12 and removed settings. Did a fresh install of TV 13.1.1582. I was able to access the new installs right after that. TODAY, I am experiencing the exact same issue of No TV connect, but able to access via RDP.

Thangs that make you go HMMMMMM!!