Posted by rfabriga
Henagon

Teamviewer host on chrome os

We have a custom msi file to deploy our custom host on our windows computers. However we also have a lot of chrome books that we want to deploy to. Is it possible to also have the custom host installed on the chrome books and how is this done?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff
Solution

Re: Teamviewer host on chrome os

Hi @rfabriga,

Currently we don't have a TeamViewer Host app availalble for Chrome OS. Due to the way Chrome works, it's only possible to make outgoing connections from Chrome using TeamViewer.

So right now we have a Chrome app for remote control, which you can use to connect from the Chromebook to another computer. You can find this app via our website:

https://www.teamviewer.com/download/chrome-os/

Tip: because this app is a regular Chrome app, you can also install it into the Chrome browser on Windows or macOS, and use it to make outgoing connections from those platforms too! This provides a quick and simple way to use TeamViewer on a computer where you might not be able to install the regular TeamViewer program for some reason.

Regards,
Jeremy
TeamViewer Quality Assurance Engineer

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff
Solution

Hi @rfabriga,

Currently we don't have a TeamViewer Host app availalble for Chrome OS. Due to the way Chrome works, it's only possible to make outgoing connections from Chrome using TeamViewer.

So right now we have a Chrome app for remote control, which you can use to connect from the Chromebook to another computer. You can find this app via our website:

https://www.teamviewer.com/download/chrome-os/

Tip: because this app is a regular Chrome app, you can also install it into the Chrome browser on Windows or macOS, and use it to make outgoing connections from those platforms too! This provides a quick and simple way to use TeamViewer on a computer where you might not be able to install the regular TeamViewer program for some reason.

Regards,
Jeremy
TeamViewer Quality Assurance Engineer

View solution in original post

Posted by peng1nz
Photon

I think what you are saying is that currently Teamviewer does not support remote access or control of a Chromebook. (only outgoing connections are supported).

So the best option is alternative such as CRD.

Posted by chhaukas
Electron

Hi! Any news for this functionality? We would love to use Teamviewer to administer Chromebooks!

Posted by javcove
Electron

How Can I Add my license to the Chrome OS Teamviewer App? Currently it closes the session because it says it´s on free use not commercial.

Posted by AndyLeong
Photon

I have downloaded the app on my chromebook but whenever i tried connecting to another chromebook/android/other computers it just says that the connection could not be established with this version of teamviewer but in chrome web store this is the latest version. (Version 13.0.281)

Highlighted
Posted by gregatarena
Photon

The Link takes you to a 404-error page