constantly having to add to trusted devices

macgyver
macgyver Posts: 4
edited May 2023 in General questions

I am running windows in a VM with teamviewer. every time I run it I have to add the vm to the trusted devices and remove the old one. This includes if there is a system shutdown for power fail. can I do anything to disable the trusted devices requirement? or stop the VM from always being seen as a new computer even though it is not.

Comments

• AlanW1
    AlanW1 Posts: 157 [Former Staff]

Hi macgyver

Basically TeamViewer do not officially support the VM because the hardware ID will be changing and TeamViewer ID will be rotating.  But the following ways can be a workaround for your case.

In the latest version of TeamViewer, you can define what the trust scope is for each authorization. Please kindly refer to this article.

If you choose trust the IP address, your account's trust is extended to all other devices in the same local network.

As an alternative to the Trusted Devices authorization process, you can enable two-factor authentication on your account instead. If you are using two-factor authentication, then the Trusted Devices authorization email won’t be required anymore when you sign into your account on a new device. You can refer to this article.

Hope this helps you.