Announcements

Did you already try the new Windows 10 October 2020 Update?

Share your feedback and experience with TeamViewer on the new Windows build with our developers here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

weird issue with dead keys/US International

Hi,

I have a strange issue that I don't seem to be able to fix.

When I log in to one particular PC at home, I cannot get any accented characters, as in áëñ et cetera. The individual characters ` ~ "' et cetera are not being produced either.

But, this is only when I log in from the computer at work. When I use my private laptop, it works just fine.

Setup:

Destination: PC to manage/server: Xubunto 18.04, Teamviewer version 13.2.13582 (individual settings are US International for the keyboard, with deadkeys, works fine when I am at the keyboard)

Source Client 1: PC at work, OpenSuse Leap 15.0, XFCE, Teamviewer version 13.2.13582 (individual settings are US International for the keyboard, with deadkeys, works fine when I am at the keyboard)

Source Client 2: Macbook Pro running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6, Teamviewer version 13.2.14328 (individual settings are US International for the keyboard, with deadkeys, works fine when I am at the keyboard)

So, logging in from Client 2 to Destination, all is fine. I have full character set available and deadkeys/accented characters work just fine.
Logging in from Client 1 to Destination, I loose all access to deadkeys/accented characters and don't even have the full normal character set (no keys that may double as dead keys, so no `~'"

I am stumped, any idea what I can do?

And, no, I can't just always use the laptop, I work in an environment where there is no BringYourOwnDevice, because of security reasons.

Thanks in advance and cheers!

Patrick

2 Replies
Posted by
Henagon

Re: weird issue with dead keys/US International

I'm having the same issue here with dead key accents. Still couldn't find a solution either.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: weird issue with dead keys/US International

So...

You tried with two source clients: (1) xubuntu 18.04 and (2) macos 10.13.

I've made a test with a windows client and it worked perfectly, so I guess the problem is restricted to the Linux client.