Teamviewer Remote Access on Ubuntu 18.04 - shows "free" after license activation

Options
avinredd2
avinredd2 Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in Licensing

Paid for the remote access license yesterday. Received an email with "Activate Now" button. Clicked it and logged in with my already exisitng free account. The top right corner still says "free" under my name.

Tried activating the license a second time. After login I get a red alert box saying "The license you tried to activate is already activated on your TeamViewer account.". The top right corner still says "free" under my name.

Installed teamviewer on my linux desktop and logged in. The top left corner has nothing under my name. Help>About TeamViewer shows "License: Free".

When I start a remote session I see "Free license (non comercial use only)" in the right side panel.

My linux distribution is KDE neon 5.18.

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,051 Former Community Manager
    Options

Hi @avinredd2 

Thanks for your post.

Did you already activate the license on the endpoints?

You might find this article helpful: How to activate your Remote Access Plan 

Hope this helps, Esther

Former Community Manager

• avinredd2
    Options

Hi @Esther

Thanks for your quick reply.

How do I activate the license on the endpoints? I followed the article on "Remote Access" but after step 2.4 I did not see "Remote Access" under my name.

For the endpoint configurations I hand initially assigned them to my account from extras>options>general>account assignment. I removed all the endpoints and followd Step 3 and It's still the same.

I will unstall TeamViewer on both of my endpoints later today and try step 3 again. Is there anything else I can do?

• Christoph
    Christoph Posts: 8 [Former Staff]
    Options

Hi,

can you please verify that your TeamViewer client is up to date? I suspect that you are using an older version without support for Remote Access.

Additionally, you can check in the Management Console (login.teamviewer.com) if the Remote Access license is correctly displayed under your name in the top right corner. 

Best regards,

Christoph, Product Management