"Partner started the internet call. Do you want to unmute your microphone?" dialog box.

Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: "Partner started the internet call. Do you want to unmute your microphone?" dialog box

Hi All,

We wanted to give an update to this topic and let everyone know that yes, we are still working on a solution. We can also say that there is a fix in a new update that is currently being tested by our QA team. Once testing is done and the fix is confirmed we will be updating the thread to let everyone know the update is available.

We thank everyone for their feedback and patience with this matter.

All the best,

Jonathan

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Posted by Telxon
Digon

Re: "Partner started the internet call. Do you want to unmute your microphone?" dialog box

The first report that this was to be fixed was on June 1st, 2017. WHEN should we expect this to actually be resolved?

Posted by hcb
Henagon

I have no Idea. They claim that they have found the fix in inhouse development but are testing it to make sure no new bugs

Posted by beast-usa
Digon

@Jonathan

This is great to hear! The last glitch with Linux was fixed so fast (dragging or resizing windows).
I'm also so willing to be a test user if there is any chance of not seeing that error EVER again! 

Posted by dgbslb
Photon

This pop up is getting VERY FRUSTRATING when we in tech support TeamViewer into many servers and computers each day!  Please fix this issue soon!!

Posted by Staff
Staff

Hi all,

We published a new version with a fix. Please install the new version and post your feedback here Smiley Happy

Thank you in advanced.

Julia
Support Engineer
Posted by cbarnes
Digon

Hello Julia.

Thank you for posting about the fix. I've updated my Linux and Windows based systems and am happy to report the issue appears to be resolved at least for me.

Please express my appreciation to the team members who worked so hard to resolve this issue.  I know we users are so often quick to point out issues but slow to praise those who work tirelessly to provide a consistently flawless user experience.  Sometimes, it takes a challenge like this one to remind us not to take others' efforts for granted.  So please pass on my thanks to the people who work so hard at Teamviewer to make our lives easier everyday. Kudos to y'all.

Charles

Highlighted
Posted by CraigAlan
Trigon

This FINALLY appears to be fixed.  Thank you!!

13 Replies
Posted by jelabarre59
Trigon

Not fixed for Linux-to-MSWin connectivity.  Confirmed the remote MSWin7 and my local Linux system are at the latest versions as of 26-Jul-17 (AM) (according to the download versions on the website).  Error still comes up.

Are people only checking against MSWin-to-MSWin?  Because I haven't seen a Linux package update in weeks (although the fix may only be needed on the MSWin side anyway).

Posted by beast-usa
Digon

I can also confirm NOT FIXED Linux to Windows.

I downloaded the newest Windows version "12.1.15448.0" not the version number it shows when upgrading through TeamViewer.

Having your web people put the correct version number on your downloads would be great. Smiley Happy

Then re-downloaded the linux version "12.0.76279" in case like the other downloads it shows the wrong version. It said re-install not upgrade for linux and SAME DAM ERROR! I have given up on you guys getting this fixed! I'm having everyone or I'm driving out and rolling back to a version that WORKS!

For those that have it this version WORKS!! "12.1.11706.0" it is a pain you must un-install the broken version, then re-install the working version "12.1.11706.0" then re-assign that system to your account. I'm trying to get most of my clients to do it. Smiley Sad And I won't be upgrading again until I confirm it's working on one of my test systems!

And under Advanced settings make sure to shut off "Automatic Updates"

And if anyone needs it I will be adding it as a fix on one of my sites. Smiley Happy easy to find what's my username? LOL beast-usa.com I will have it on there in about 20 minutes!

Posted by beast-usa
Digon

Done Smiley Happy added the working version to both my main sites. Now to get all the customers to start un-installing & re-installing! And I will never see "unmute mic" AGAIN!

And the adding this device (new device to safe list) is so annoying to people that CLEAR everything in their browser on exit! Why don't you guys DUMP the recaptcha ON MEMEBERS and use the IP addresses for safe device? Most of us only have a few of those! As soon as I close this browser I will need to add it again to post!

Posted by CraigAlan
Trigon

I can confirm as well.  This works for Win/Win, but NOT for Linux/Win

Posted by jelabarre59
Trigon

Got the MSWin remote machine to upgrade to build 81460, and tried again.  It STILL gives me the error message when connecting from Linux.  Linux client will need to be fixed as well (unless the MSWin side is still broken, I don't run MSWin at home, or even on my work machine so can't verify that).

Posted by Staff
Staff

Dear jelabarre59,

Thank you for your post.

We will like to reproduce your issue, may you please let us know what Distribution, version, arch and desktop manager are you using?

With this information helps us to understand your issue and find a solution.

We are looking forward to your comments.

Best regards,

Christian

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Posted by jelabarre59
Trigon

On Linux Mint 18.2 (Ubuntu 16.04.1/xenial based)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GH         
4.8.0-53-generic    x86_64

||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description
+++-==============-============-============-=================================
ii  teamviewer:i38 12.0.76279   i386         Remote control and meeting soluti

||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description
+++-==============-============-============-=================================
ii  cinnamon       3.4.4+sonya  amd64        Modern Linux desktop