TeamViewer 13 Not Staying Signed In

Announcements

The board for the TeamViewer Expert Day is open for your questions - Join us here!

Highlighted
Posted by Matthew72
Henagon

TeamViewer 13 Not Staying Signed In

I am running the latest build of TeamViewer 13 on Windows, Mac OS and iOS. I have noticed recently that TeamViewer is not staying signed in despite the "Keep me signed in" checkbox being ticked on successfully signing in. When I launch the TeamViewer interface after a reboot, I am not signed in despite "Start TeamViewer with Windows" being ticked in the Options. Also the Sign In button is often unresponsive despite being enabled and internet access being available.. Have there been any design changes or are there any known issues that might be causing these problems with recent builds? I have used TeamViewer daily for many years and have not experienced these issues until very recently.

3 Replies
3 Replies
Posted by EForcey
Photon

Re: TeamViewer 13 Not Staying Signed In

Having the same issue. My machine is on all the time. 90% of the time that I try to use Teamviewer to connect to a machine it has been signed out. I enter my password to sign in again and it does nothing. Only way around it is to completely exit the program and then re-sign in (even though I have stay signed in checked).
Posted by pwrmacbob
Digon

This is one horrible program. Notice that they will never answer any questions either. Terrible tech support.

Posted by Matthew72
Henagon

It’s a common pattern with software companies. They start off with a great product at an attractive price and the tech support is excellent. In time, the focus is on winning new customers and growth at all costs. The quality and responsiveness of the support slowly but surely begins to deteriorate whilst they somehow find ways of stuffing up the program and charging you more for these privileges.

TeamViewer bugs I reported years ago still haven’t been patched. I used to get through on the telephone straight away or be able to send an email directly to support@teamviewer.com and receive a response within 24 hours. Phone wait times are now long. They say call back later or direct you to email support - the link to which is deliberately made hard to find in the management console and you have to jump through hoops just to get to the text entry field. So they offer the community forum to post issues and don’t reply on here at all.

I’m going to look at what better alternatives to TeamViewer are available out there. I’d be interested in any suggestions.