Posted by Nine
Photon

Mac OSX - Option to remove ""If you want TeamViewer to remote control this device"

Screenshot 2019-06-05 at 11.52.29.pngthe dialog

This dialog is a bit annoying, and it appears everytime I startup TeamViewer. And no, for reaons around security, I won't be enabling remote access to the device.

Please provide an option to turn off this dialog completely, for example "never show again" or check the "Advnaced settings for connection to this computer" section, and only show if "access control" is set to appropriate values.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Mac OSX - Option to remove ""If you want TeamViewer to remote control this device"

Hello @Nine 

Thank you for your feedback.

Please know this is a requirement set by Apple, and not TeamViewer. The only way to remove the message is to perform the steps listed in the Community article here.

You can still prevent access to the device using a whitelist, or changing the settings for the Access Control (found in the advanced settings) to 'No incoming connections allowed'.

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 8.35.25 AM.pngSet to 'No incoming connections allowed' on Mac

The steps required in the pop-up do not grant anyone access to the device, and the settings will still allow you to secure your computer.

I hope this helps! 

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区) |  German Community (Deutschsprachig) | French Community (Communauté française) | English Community | Spanish Community (Comunidad española)