Henagon

Re: A problem has occurred in BitDefender threat scanner

Is the problem solved?

Posted by Remote Management Staff
Remote Management Staff
Solution

Hello all, 

This morning we encountered an issue with the Endpoint Protection virus signature update. Due to this, end users starting receiving Error messages on the devices where Endpoint protection was installed.

Within 1 hour the problem was fixed and new signature updates were deployed. 

A subset of a few devices might be stuck in the crash loop and get the error message, for this please try the solution below: 

1. Go to the Endpoint Protection policy in the Management Console and disable Real-time protection, save the policy.
  2. Wait 1 hour for the new definition updates to be installed
  3. Activate back Real-time protection.

By disabling the Real-time protection for 1 hour the risk will be minimal.

If this is not an option for you, another solution would be  to perform a clean re-install of the Endpoint protection.

• Disable Real-time protection in the Policy as described above
  • Trigger the uninstall process from the Endpoint Protection Devices tab in the Management console
    • Select the device click on the 3 dots on the right side and select uninstall.
  • Reboot the device and allow a few minutes for the uninstall process to clear all protected drivers.
  • Activate Endpoint protection again.

We apologize for any inconvenience created by this situation and we will try to make sure this will not happen again. 

Product Owner, Remote Management services.
Posted by darkecloud
Photon

I too am waiting on a solution to this. This is impact lots of PCs!

Posted by darkecloud
Photon

I see you posted the solution update while I was composing my message. I will try the presented solution and post here again if there is still a problem.

Highlighted
Posted by Bepo
Photon

ITbrain "Failed to Initialize IPC" error + BitDefender Threat Scanner

Hi, we are managing a customer that has ITbrain endpoint protection. They had Kaspersky endpoint antivirus and Malware-bytes witch was removed before installing ITbrain. TeamViewer 13 with IT brain was installed few days ago 24.01.-28.01. approximately. Today some clients started getting continuous errors; ITbrain - Failed to Initialize IPC and BitDefender Threat Scanner - A problem has occurred in BitDefender Threat Scanner. A file containing error information.... etc. BitDefender was never installed on this site so I guess it's part of IT Brain. Also they have windows 10, 64-bit OS. We temporarily uninstalled IT Brain. Any ideas?
Posted by Hansolo1
Henagon

Same problem here. Solved it with uninstall.
Posted by LanceDuck
Digon

All working again, Thanks
Posted by apcdigital1
Digon

Every one of my clients has this error on their computers today.

I've spent the day trying to fix the problem.  

Not very impressive.  

Kind Regards
@apcdigital1
D. Fowler
Posted by ITCONSULTING
Henagon

I have trouble reinstalling Endpoint Protection on some PCs. Have you guys the same problem ?
Error 14: Error 3. Tried to reboot, not working either.

Posted by Bibi73
Henagon

Install the latest windows updates and restart it. I had the same problem and it solved it.