Brand new issue - Remote Control lost when opening Avast User Interface

Posted by ChuckF
Photon

Brand new issue - Remote Control lost when opening Avast User Interface

I have been evaluating remote control programs and just about settled on Teamviewer as the choice when I ran into a new problem today.

I remoted into a client (email issue) and went to check his settings on AVAST Antivirus Premiere Edition. Previously, I have been able to open the Avast User Interface and adjust settings in Avast. Today I clicked on Avast to check his settings and I no longer had control of his computer until I asked him to close the Avast Interface. Viola! I was back in action. While the Avast Interface was open, I could not click on any icons and open programs, I could not close the Avast user Interface, I would move the mouse around and he could no see it moving. In other words, I was connected, but unable to do any functions on his computer until I had him close the Avast Interface.

TeamViewer works fine with Avast running in the background and the icon in the system tray.
I am using Windows 10, he is using Windows 7. I am on the Teamviewer Beta 13 and he was on version 12.xxxx. I remote updated him to the next higher version of Teamviewer 12.xxxx and still, the problem existed, even after a reboot. I then upgraded him to version 13.xxxx of Teamviewer and tried again. Everything works fine until I open his Avast User Interface. Once I do, I have no control of his computer.

I don't know where to point the finger. Is it a Teamviewer issue or an Avast issue? I know it is a new issue, as I have run scans remotely on different family member's computers. If I am going to adopt Teamviewer as my official remote control choice and buy a license, I have to be able to open the Avast User Interface to run virus and malware scans.
I am going to cross-post this on an Avast's user forums, if they have one.

Any Help I can get would be appreciated. Thanks, in Advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by ChuckF
Photon
Solution

Re: Brand new issue - Remote Control lost when opening Avast User Interface

Brand new Update to Avast caused the issue apparently.  Avast is aware of it and promised to fix it.  Until then, you have to disable the self-defense module, whatever that is.

This is on the AVAST user forums.

Avast update is ver. 17.8.3218 (build 17.8.3705.0) that is causing the issue.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Posted by ChuckF
Photon
Solution

Re: Brand new issue - Remote Control lost when opening Avast User Interface

Brand new Update to Avast caused the issue apparently.  Avast is aware of it and promised to fix it.  Until then, you have to disable the self-defense module, whatever that is.

This is on the AVAST user forums.

Avast update is ver. 17.8.3218 (build 17.8.3705.0) that is causing the issue.