How to manage the number of simultaneous online remote users

Options

I want users to access an unattended computer, but for only one user to be permitted access at any one time. Is it possible if a second remote user attempts to connect that they get a "computer aready in use, please try later" message?

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,988 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @Terrier,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, this feature is not available.

What you can do, is put black and whitelists to manage who can connect to the device. But you cannot put a limit of "how many users can connect simultaneously" on your device.

I thank you for your understanding.

Cheers

Community Manager

• Terrier
    Terrier Posts: 2
    Options

Many thanks for your quick response.

So, am I correct that I can't limit the access to my unattended computer to just one user at a time?

I have written an app that has my own password access system for my (small number of) users. It seems that when one user has logged in to it, another user can then connect and watch everything the first user is doing. I wish my users to share the app, but not all the data it contains. If only one user is allowed to connect at a time it solves that problem. Is there anything you can suggest to help? For example, maybe I could have a script that looks for the existence of a specific file that I create to indicate an active user. If the file exists, the script could abort the attempted connection.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,988 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @Terrier,

Yes, you are correct.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with a script that limits access to users if a user is already connected to your device.

I thank you for your understanding.

Cheers

Community Manager