Is Teamviewer blocked in China?

rok
rok Posts: 22 ✭✭

Hi,

I need to know if teamviewer works in China, in my case I will need to remotely control computers located in China from Italy. Anyone has experience in this?

Thank You

Best Answer

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,970 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hello @Mameo96,

TeamViewer works in China 😊

You can use our service there without any issue.

Community Manager

Answers

• weekee
    weekee Posts: 1

HI , 

Can Team viewer use in china Guangzhou ?

Anyone use it recently ?

• Scott-L
    Scott-L Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi, I wonder if you can help with an issue I have? I am currently in China and I can access my home PC with no problem if I use my UK phone and its mobile data plan as a mobile hot spot. However if I try and use any wifi here in China on my laptop the team viewer seems to try and connect to my home PC but then totally shuts down and reboots? I am not using a VPN and I am unsure how to set up the VPN within the Team Viewer software. I have read in other forums TV should work fine here in China using wifi. is there any setting I need changed for me to use TV with wifi while in China? Hope you can help? Thanks, Scott-L

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @Scott-L 

Thanks for your post.

I am not aware of any differences you need to keep in mind when connecting from China.

Even if the wifi you are using blocks TeamViewer, the software itself should not shut down and reboot. I assume you are getting a TeamViewer ID when starting TeamViewer? So the handshake with our master server works.

Maybe we have others available here, who experienced this when traveling to China and maybe know the solution. Otherwise, I would like to ask @Fiona_G our Chinese moderator, whether she has an idea. Fiona - could you help us here?.

Thanks and I hope we find a resolution soon!

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Scott-L
    Scott-L Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi Esther,

Ok, seems a strange issue then? TV can see my home PC online so there is some sort of connectivity there, and the software tries to connect but then drops out and reboots.

If I use my UK phone as a hotspot then I have no issue.... Obviously using my UK phone with mobile data is costing me hence wishing to get TV to work on Wifi....

Thanks....

Scott.

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠

Hi @Scott-L,

Thank you for your post. I'm happy to share some thoughts from our Chinese support team.

They have to admit that some connectivity issues may happen in China due to internet restrictions in different locations or from various telecom service providers. They agree with @Esther that the connection failure shouldn't result in the situation you described above.

If you have an active license, please create a ticket and they will analyze your logs to find the specific error. If you are a free user, the best advice they can provide is using another Wifi.

I'm sorry that I can't offer any other help regarding this issue. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Kind regards,

Fiona

Fiona_G
  • Mameo96
    Mameo96 Posts: 1
    edited August 2021

Hello,

In 2021, still work Teamviewer in China or its blocked?

I will need to remote control computer located in China from Italy.

Thank You in Advance

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,970 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hello @Mameo96,

TeamViewer works in China 😊

You can use our service there without any issue.

Community Manager

• QDIGZ
    QDIGZ Posts: 1

Does teamviewer work in China? In my case, I'd like to work in China with a hotel internet and access my work computer in US. I am not sure the great firewll will block the access. Thank you for the hep.

• InnoMate_D1
    InnoMate_D1 Posts: 1

Hi, I’m also interested in knowing whether teamviewer would work in China nowadays. In my case, I have business license and will need to access my laptop located in Switzerland from standard home Wi-Fi in China. Thanks in advance!

• Luke_500C
    Luke_500C Posts: 1

I will travel to China this month, and want to access my computer in US using TeamViewer. Does TeamViewer work in China now?

• abn2609
    abn2609 Posts: 1

In China right now, it is asking for validation using a Chinese phone number which I don't have and cannot get without Chinese ID. What other options are there?

Thanks!