Quick Support Timeout

Options

I had someone run Quick Support and give me there ID and Password, so that I could connect to them later in the day, when I would have time, but they would not be available.  When I went to connect, it showed that Team Viewer was no longer running on their computer.

Is there a timeout for Quck Support when a connection id not active?

If so, is there a way to change / disable that timeout?

Comments

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]
    Options

Hi @Eli27 ,

Thank you for your post.

If you would like to do an unattended access, please install the host module in stead of the quick support.

For more information, please read this article
    If you would like to know modules please visit here.

Hope this information will help you.

Best regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • Eli27
    Eli27 Posts: 2
    Options

I understand that installing Host is an option, but in this case, it is a one time support thing, and if possible, I would prefer not to install on their computer.  It is just a case of he and I being avaible at different times.

Perhaps there will be no choice but to use Host, but can you please answer my question about Quick Support timing out when not connected too.

Also, if I do make connection to Quick Support, but am not actively doing anything, will it remain connected indefinitely.  (In my Team Viewer, the "Timing out inactive session" option is set to off.)

Thanks.

• JanssensN
    Options

Hi,

I have the exact same question. For me it's not possible to install the proper TeamViewer due to Admin restrictions, but I need to get access to the computer from my home.

So I want to set up TeamViewer QS at work, drive home and then start up TeamViewer and log in. (Max 1 hour or so) I need to check up on running processes, so I need it to not time out due to "idle session" for at least 5-6 hours... 

Is that possible with QS?

Thanks!

• mawjiam
    mawjiam Posts: 1
    Options

Hi,

I have had the 'free' version for years. i use it to control and maintain 3-5 computers at home (some of which are 'headless'. Why the change now when we have been able to use and provide Teamviewer with data to consistently improve their product.?.

I would like to keep the previous status i had where i am NOT using it commercially but taking care of my computers at home. (I am a NERD).