Security and privacy

Options
Someone randomly shares her teamviewer id along with the password over a chat sight and ask to come over there and chat. As soon as i logged in with the user id and password. There was another user who was logged in to that teamviewer account. So we were 3 people, 1 is the owner and the other person was connected to her desktop. Suddenly after sometime someone started sharing her personal pics over skype. And the guy who is sharing the desktop is in the friendlist of that lady over skype. And then i saw a message from that person over her skype"why are you sharing her pics with face?" I dont understand why he was saying this. And soon after it everything gets closed and shuts down from her desktop. Question is, is it possible to know who is doing the activities over the teamviewer? That person who is her friend, he was disconnecting me again and again. I dont know whether he was disconnecting me or the girl was disconnecting me? It is so much confusing. And is it possible that they can hack my system files as i have my official data in it. And i got afraid and i soon uninstalled TV and reported it to teamviewer about this incident. Can anyone give light to this scenario??

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,990 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @Sid007j

Thank you for sharing your story.

Indeed, there are plenty of ways entering a remote session of someone.

Remote control is great - but it can turn dangerous if it is misused.

Fortunately, TeamViewer has set up security options and features, to give the users the possibility to protect himself.

The best thing to avoid these situations is to use these security tools.

We recommend every user to protect his devices by

I hope this answer will help you and all the users who read this, using TeamViewer in a more secure way.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager