Announcements

Join our TeamViewer Tensor webinar on Dec. 11th  and learn how agile and secure remote work will double your employee productivity and innovation. Sign up here!

Posted by kb0nly
Digon

Re: TeamViewer suspects that I use it for Commercial, when it is not the case.

I uninstalled TV off my home computers and put VNC on them, really quite easy, install the VNC server on each computer and the VNC viewer on my main desktop, log them all into my account and done.  It actually connects and loads the desktop faster then TV ever did i like it.  So i guess if nothing else i have them to thank for pushing me to a better program!!

Posted by gaberilde
Henagon

same message

Posted by TVMoon
Henagon

Same here, I don'e even use it more than a few times per months, mainly to help my mum or her neighbors with stuff they want to do on their PC and can't, or to connect to my own PCs when I am in the hospital every month. But since 2 days ago I am constantly getting the "commercial use suspected" message.

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: Verdacht auf kommerzielle nutzung

Mir geht es genauso.

Nutze TeamViewer ausschließlich im privaten Umfeld.

Wie soll man nachweisen, dass es KEINE kommerzielle Nutzung ist?

Posted by harleyy1
Henagon

Not in Commercial Setting

I need help with my account because I can only be on one Teamviewer computer/phone/tablet for 5 minutes and then I have to wait 2 minutes. I NEED MY ACCOUNT TEAMVIEWER IDs TO BE WHITELISTED. All I'm doing is helping out my friends and family across the country.

Posted by Chaos
Henagon

Re: Teamviewer 13 disconnects after 30 seconds

Looks as if this was pointless. Smiley Tongue What a waiste of time..

Posted by Fez
Electron

Using teamviewer personal out of a proxy network

Hello Everybody,
i'm using teamviewer always in private matters, but often out of my network of my job and this network is using a proxy. So now i become the message, that it seems i'd use teamviewer in a commercial way. Had this problem two years ago and contacted the support and they reseted my ip.adress, but now, the support told my contacting the community. Can someone help my please? thank u so much...Greets Fez

Posted by lilyblue
Electron

Workaround

I have noticed that fresh install on new machine never gives 5 minutes warning immediately so I have created virtual machine and I'm running it as a snapshot, after it boots it also randomizes network card mac and windows installation ID just in case. Haven't had a problem afted I did all that.

Posted by wagardner
Photon

I accidentally selected commercial and private use... now I am locked out.

Hello,

I started using TeamViewer about 2 - 3 months ago. I went through the setup quite quickly (as we all do at some point) and accidentally selected Both when choosing whether it was corporate or private use. Now, my account is locked pending purchase and I'm unable to submit a support ticket because I'm not a paying customer.

I find this to be quite a pain since that is what all the forums say to do, yet when I sent in my support ticket I got a generic reply stating that I was not a subscriber and therefore I needed to visit the forums.

Can someone please assist me in setting my usage to Private instead of Both?

Posted by Technut
Henagon
Solution

You can't open a ticket, instead look at the first post i...

You can't open a ticket, instead look at the first post in the thread here
https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-General/TeamViewer-thinks-I-m-using-the-software-comm...
for the new method to fix this... there is a new form to submit.

The new form is here
https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-...

Posted by Blutsgeist
Henagon

Re: Why do I see 'Commercial use suspected' / 'Commercial use detected'

Hello,

I have at the moment the same problem. Is there a way to disable this message again and extend the session time of 5 minutes again?

I use this software only privately with my friends and my family members.

Posted by TVMoon
Henagon

Re: You can't open a ticket, instead look at the first post i...

Thanks. However, the popup appeared on my phone that I used during my monthly hospital stay to connect to my PC at home. Am I supposed to fill out this form with my home PC Teamviewer ID or with my phone teamviewer ID or do I need to submit a form for every machine I have Teamviewer installed on? I have multiple PC, a phone, a tablet, a laptop, they all have Teamviewer although I rarely use it on them. I really really cannot imagine which obscure algorithm could possibly flag teamviewer on my phone as commercially used, because I have never used it to connect to anything else but several PC in my home (which of course will all have had the same IP because they all are connected through my own private internet connection). Also the form wants you to submit a usage log and I have no idea how I would do that for my phone (or tablet). Does anyone have experience with that form?

Posted by AKSoapy29
Henagon

Re: "Trial License Has Expired"

I have been having this exact same issue!!! I have been emailing back and forth with a guy, and it is extremely frustrating. He doesn't offer help or any solutions to try and fix my problem, it's like I'm talking to a brick wall. UGH! I've used TV for almost ten years and love it, and to get stabbed like this is super frustrating. I just want my software to work...

Posted by Taka
Henagon

Go back to free licence without commercial use

My co worker installs Teamviewer wrong way, so commercial use onto this PC and he leave.

But I need use teamviewer with free licence by this PC.

I already got the message your trial is expired.

How can I use teamviewer with free licence without commercial use?

Posted by LE-BUREAU-D-IMP
Photon

wrong download

I loaded the commercial version by error, 

I need Team viewr on;ly once  every 2 months, 

hom can I get the personnel version, 

Posted by FrancisDavid
Photon

Team viewer free trial

Can anyone assist me on how to put my teamviewer back to free user?

Posted by Snuffules
Photon

Re: Team viewer free trial

Hello, I have the same proiblem, every time, TeamViewer udpates to new version go to trial and it switches to commercial every time. But I am only using free version, I do no need commercial, please help? This is not normal behavier.

Posted by jasontv
Digon

COMMERCIAL USAGE DETECTED / CR-APPY CUSTOMER SERVICE DETECTED

still getting the bogus COMMERCIAL USAGE detected message.

filled out the form, uploaded logs.  no reply in a freaking week.

tried twitter and facebook.

they expect us to pay for this? worst customer support ever.

Posted by jasontv
Digon

Re: Free version of TeamViewer Issues

jonathon, support is not replying to tickets on this subject.

Posted by kb0nly
Digon

Re: Workaround

Thats a good workaround, i tried that today to so i could connect to some family members computers and install VNC instead without having to drive there or talk them through it on the phone.  I loaded up a virtual machine of Win10 and installed TV on that, i got two computers done and when i went to remove TV and install VNC on the third one i got the commercial use suspected, so i rebooted the virtual machine and it came back up and no message and was able to get the last one done.  Goodbye TV... What a lying sack of %^$#@ this company is.

Posted by Bzd
Henagon

private use form

Hello,

Where can I find the "Private use form?"

Thank you.

Posted by smh
Henagon

personal use

Hi I use teamviewer all 10 years for my own computers and today I suddenly get the idea that I use it for commercial use the case is my question is what can I do about it?
and can only work for 5 minutes at a distanceCapture.PNG

Posted by CDKrash
Henagon

Stupid business network detection error

Why.. For the love of all that's good did you guys try and tighten "Detection"... I am on a home network.. I get this Stupid error and now I have to post here because I "cannot submit a ticket because I do not have a licensed account" NO **bleep** I don't have a licensed account, I'M NOT A BUSNIESS!!! I have Computers on my home network that I manage (Residential line, non-domain) yet here I am.... I have used Teamviewer for YEARS!!!! And I have ALWAYS recommended you.. If this is the direction you are turning product, I will go elsewhere. Fix this!!!

Posted by ManuPlaysLP
Henagon

Kommerzielle Nutzung festgestellt. WAS NICHT STIMMT!

Bei mir wurde eine Kommerziellenutzung festgestellt. Was aber nicht stimmt. Ich habe keine Firma und kein Geschäft. Ich nutze TeamViewer privat und nicht Kommerziell. Ich bitte das diese Sperre aufgehoben wird!

Posted by OP_AMP
Henagon

Getting flagged as commercial user.

I have about 5 computers that are mine with broken screens or no way to control them other than TeamViewer, recently I have been getting a message that says "commercial use suspected" I am not using this for commercial use, I use TeamViewer to control MY computers and to help friends that don't know whats going on. I don't know how but if there's a way to prove this I gladly will. I'm afraid I'm going to get locked out of my account or punished in some way. again ill prove I'm using this for personal reasons and not in commercial settings any way you'd like.

Posted by Speedy41988
Photon

Re: Getting flagged as commercial user.

I'm in the same boat - my one personal computer is on a work-network but it is my personal computer....I have computers set up at my in-laws, my parents, my grandparents, so I have several locations...but it is all personal use.  Please help!

Posted by balrog9
Digon

I am having the same issue. I use my laptop to connect to a pair of desktops in the attic and am being told I am using it commerically and need a license.

Posted by Bookstore-Bill
Photon

Getting the same problem, was just trying to set up a remote login so my wife couldacces her computer when we were on vacation.  I have never made a dime of of Teamviewer, I do not even have a piad job, I am retired.

Posted by OP_AMP
Henagon

Posted by Generallew-III
Henagon

Re: Stupid business network detection error

I'm getting the same thing. Just finished switching a few computers around and reuploading wintdows/unbuntu. Now I'm getting this prompt saying I'm on a business network?! What's going on over there at teamviewer? Did they change something? This is my home network and I've only got about 12 computers total that I monitor. Is there a limit to how big a account can get? Some support is needed and would be appreciated. Don't want to get band or forced to pay. Teamviewer has been a vital part of my home computting for around 5-6 years now. Please let me know. Thanks 

Posted by mksglu
Henagon

Arch Linux Teamviewer 13 Commercial Use Detected

I am an Arch Linux I3WM user. I use Teamviewer 13 for free. But, in the last few days, I have encountered an error.

I tried with different versions of Teamviewer, tried changing the Mac address. But the result has not changed.

Can you find me a solution? I want to continue using it for free. It perceives me as a commercial user.

I also requested support for Teamviewer.

2018-02-11-164029_1366x768_scrot.png

Posted by drydenair
Photon

not free for personal use

im only useing it  for personal use and i keep getting kicked out saying that theres commercial use going on how do i fix this 

Posted by Charlie13
Photon

not free for personal use

Hello,

im only useing it  for personal use and i keep getting kicked out saying that theres commercial use going on how do i fix this.

If  you can help me ?

I have 5 computers registerd, for my family.

Thanks a lot

Posted by Cnabinger
Henagon

Came here for the same thing, suddenly every connection gets me the commercial notice, I've never had an issue before, now suddenly it's like every single one gets nailed. I use exactly 1 connection outside of my home, the rest are just for convience. 

Posted by Cnabinger
Henagon

Getting commercial user notices

While I'm probably not a normal user, I have about 20 PC's currently registered with Teamviewer, I have a large number of laptops where I play with different linux distributions, as well as a couple PC's setup around my house.  Suddenly these are all getting flagged by TV as commercial use, I use exactly 1 computer outside of my home network to connect to teamviewer, however my linux computer, and now my son's computer have now gotten this flag, It's gotten much more agressive, can I just submit all my ID's to have them whitelisted? or will I have to file individual ones every time? 

Posted by BWP
Photon

also experiencing this issue. tried completely removing and reinstalling on my PC's but no luck resolving this. is this possibly a bug?

Posted by davmax
Digon

Ticket support

A created a ticket on 2nd Feb 2018. Requesting that a 5 minute time limit be removed during my Teamviewer support sessions. It has been imposed because of suspected commercial use. This suspicion has occurred about three times over the many years of using Teamviewer. I am 82 years old, retired and support friends and family for no charge. Previous bans have been lifted promptly following my explanation of position. This time I have even followed up with an urgent email but no response after 10 days. Hope for better with a response and action.

Posted by mima
Photon

please help.. me pide que adquiera licencia y soy usuario de teamviewer a nivel particular

buenas tardes..

llevo casi un año que he conocido esta aplicación y es de buen uso cuando tengo que estudiar con mi hija y nos movemos de un lado a otro en fin de semana.....

mi problema es que desde que un amigo se conectó con mi pc a su teamviewer profesional para traspasarme unos archivos, mi acceso a teamviewer cambió y me pidió que adquiriera una licencia.. que mi periodo de prueba había terminado!!!!   yo soy usuario particular!!!!!!!!

Nunca me había ocuurido ..como puedo solucionarlo ??????

Posted by cj552
Henagon

Personal usage flagged

I use Teamviewer for personal uses only. I use it to help remote to my friends PCs to help them install games and such. Everything that Teamview is used for personal things only. Nothing will ever nor has ever been used for any sales or anything that voids the Terms and agreements for a personal non commercial usage. 

Recently I have been flagged with using personal services as a way to get around commercial usage for free. WHICH IS NOT TRUE. 

I remote to my own desktop at home through teamviewer every day for about 6-8 hours. I remote from my work to my home. Now the things I do on my home computer are things such as watching netflix, installing mods and monitoring my game communities. I also use my home desktop to go on Amazon and do personal things that I do not want on my work desktop. Nothing has EVER been used for commercial usage...

I am afraid to keep using teamviewer because my work teamview has been flagged... I only use it to remote to my personal phone and personal desktop to do things for personal usages. But because it sees the internet provider as a business line... The heavy usage of teamview to my personal desktop... It flagged me... 

I need help... What should I do? I don't want legal action taken against me for still using it... Even though I only use it for personal usage... 

Posted by DiSalvio
Henagon

Re: Connections timeout after 5 minutes.

Same for me. Use it for friends and family, no money out of it !

Posted by roby
Photon

Re: Connections timeout after 5 minutes.

same for me but is not true. i will speak with teamviever mager for show my problem

Posted by neghvar
Electron

Same problem here.  I use TV to access my plex server, my AD server, my mining system, my wife's system and my two daughter's systems.  I also use TV on my Android.  I run a domain at home using active directory to enforce policies across the network including stricter policies on my daughters' systems.  The only case that can be remotely considered commercial, is when I use TV to remote home from work.  Nothing business related.

Is this new detection method assuming that if there is a domain, then its a business?  Use of domains or Active Directory is not business or academia exclusive.  If neccessary, I will go back to Windows Remote Desktop or a VNC app.  I will be limited to my LAN at home, but it's not the end of the world I can't remote home from work for non-commercial reasons.

Posted by spudlet
Photon

i too am being told that i am using TV commercially. I use TV to save many kilometers of travel several times a week. I am a volunteer at a community radio station. Volunteer means never receive remuneration for my efforts. I live35km each way from the station. I remote in to load spoken programs which we play daily and specific to the day. 6 hours worth of 15 and 30 minute programs. we have no other volunteers to do this so its me who loads and dates or we dont run the programs. if i lose TV access then ill be forced to resign my voluntary position after 23 years of doing it. i cannot afford the fuel for several runs a week to do it. come on mr teamviewer recognise some people are unpaid volunteers who appreciate the functionality that TV brings and use it to help others. The station is a Christian Community station. We gain funding to keep it on air from several on air appeals each year and thats only just enough.

Posted by sunil1865
Henagon

Commercial use suspected or Commercial use detected (i am private user)

Dear Mam/Sir

I am private user of your teamviewer product. From two to three days i am receiving a message stating that commercial use suspected. But i am using your product for personal use only. Im using your product from * email id. We have 4 pc in my home and one is at outstation. This is for your kind information. Please solve this problem.

Thanks

Posted by Mixalis
Henagon

Problem account

I have a problem with my account. I connected one day and by mistake I forgot about it for several hours connected and now tells me that commercial use was found while it is not commercial. can anything happen? because I need it once a week for 10 minutes at most.
Highlighted
Posted by kev1204
Photon

Re: Personal usage flagged

I started to get this same commercial use message today. **bleep**? I use this for personal use only, at no time am I using it for montetary gain, or anything that would cause it to be flagged as "commercial."

I've used TV for years, this is ridiculous.

3 Replies
Posted by wrmichael
Trigon

Contact support. 

It may take a while to get it fixed but they eventually help. 

I wish they had a "consumer" version I could buy that didn't cost 800 bucks.  I would like to support the cause but not at that much expense... 

Posted by Shift
Photon

Kicks me off after 5 minutes

Why does the free personal version kick me off after 5 minutes?  Is this the pain of using the free version or does mine have an issue?

Posted by john7388
Photon

Re: RE: Free Version Trial Expired

I've been using TeamViewer for years for personal use maintaing compters for my family. Please corrent my account for personal use: [personal information removed by moderator]

Thanks,

John

Posted by kb0nly
Digon

I was getting commercial use suspected, then tonight i tried to use it one more time to connect to our Plex Media Server so i didn't have to connect a monitor and stuff to that computer to setup VNC on it instead, now i get a message saying Business Network Detected... Are you F'ing joking???  Theres nothing business about my home network!!!