Posted by dazleeds
Digon

Teamviewer initializing display parameters and hangs Version 12.0.71503

Hi,

Just wondering why i keep getting this issue. Since i have upgraded to this version 12.0.71503 randomly i get the attached screen and there is no way round till i restart my remote PC which is not a really sloution. 

Even if i leave connecting for hour will not work :-)

Both my PC and remote PC on the same version.  

And if i use file transfer it works. So definitely the remote PC online

Does anyone else get the same issue? what are the solutions for this problem . 

Thank you

Capture.PNG

186 Replies
Posted by SG
Henagon

Re: Teamviewer initializing display parameters and hangs Version 12.0.71503

Have hade the same issue several times, even during Beta-test.

Posted by chupinsky27
Photon

I've been dealing with the same issue.  Both clients are on the same version (12.0.71503).  Nvidia display drivers are up to date. 

It seems to happen after I terminate a remote session and then attempt to reconnect at a later time.  If I return to the PC I'm attempting to remote into, the screen resolution and layout is totally messed up with TeamViewer unresponsive.  After ending all TeamViewer processes and cycling the monitor's power, the PC returns to it's normal environment. 

Posted by dazleeds
Digon

For me it happens when i close the remote session then try to connect again but it happens randomly then i have to restart the remote PC then it works. The problem i can not restart the remote PC while i am traveling or somehwere else :-)

Posted by chupinsky27
Photon

Oh, and if I attempt to reconnect again after the failed "initializing display parameters" I get "authentication rejected."

Posted by kqfflo
Digon

Same here. Same version, same issue.

Posted by zp
Photon

Same issue.  Just occurred for the first time today - display error followed by authentication error

Posted by SaraG
Photon

I am having the same issue and noticing a pattern.

If I end the Teamviewer session from my computer, I get the initializing display paramters error and cannot log in.

If I end the Teamviewer session from the remote computer, I seem to be able to log back in.

Please let me know if you are observing the same.

Posted by Arminio
Henagon

same problem here. At first I got a freeze while initializing display parameters, if i close this window after several minutes, I only get authentication rejected.

Posted by BikerWho
Henagon

Same issue is happening with me. However, this didn't happen to me on the previous version of Windows 10. I wiped my desktop and did a clean install of Windows 10 which gave me the latest version. And now I'm having issues with Teamviewer. I can connect the first time, but once I quit and try again, it gets stuck on Initializing display parameters.

I think Teamviewer is getting stuck on changing the resolution back once you disconnect.

Posted by Jon
Henagon

This is happening to me as well, but only on one of the two computers I'm trying to connect to. When restarting the machine I can connect again, but apparently just for a short while before it hangs again.

Posted by Yateball
Henagon

Somewhat annoying that there's been nothing to bypass this error, I'm getting it constantly and have to wait until the work day is done to reboot my device and hope that the next day it doesn't happen again

Posted by Jon
Henagon

For some reason, this error seems to have gone away for my part. I don't know if others with this error has experienced the same?

Posted by thatskeen
Electron

I too am having the same problem. Has anyone found a solution yet? This defeats the purpose of this software.

Posted by mtown76
Electron

I too am having the same problem. I can connect once but not a 2nd time

I have the same version, 12.0.71503

Any fixes or work arounds?

Posted by millercw
Photon

Re: Teamviewer initializing display parameters and hangs Version 12.0.71503/12.0.72365

I have the same issue with V12.0.72365.

However, I can't complain. It is an execelent program. I'm sure Teamviewer will have the anomally fixed in the very near future.

Posted by Harry559
Henagon

Re: Teamviewer initializing display parameters and hangs Version 12.0.71503/12.0.72365

Had the same message -- make sure your ID/Password for your local account (shown on the smaller window to the right side) is properly signed on with your ID and password.

My password there was incorrect, so I was not signed on locally, and I got that error message.

Posted by andrewtobag
Henagon

Reinstalled today v. 12.0.72365 but from my pc with W7 and remote iMac El Capitan

i have same issue  (psw ok, starting but stuck on window whith message" initializing display parameters") from 2 years...

With anoter machine no problem from time to time.

Posted by kqfflo
Digon

Same issue as 3 weeks ago: using 12.0.72365

Posted by NainRouge
Electron

Began encountering this same issue today.

Version 12.0.72365

Posted by Silver0066
Digon

Same issue today.  Please fix.

Posted by FairwaySV
Electron

any solution yet to this problem?

Posted by Silver0066
Digon

Yes, I got it sorted out.  Thanks for asking.

Posted by shekarp
Photon

What was the fix to resolve the issue

Posted by Yateball
Henagon

There hasn't been one
Posted by jdlaw75
Henagon

To make matters worse, I cannot get in to our server which is headless (has no monitor) and for which TeamViewer is the only ready access!

Posted by Djago
Digon

I'm having the same problem BUT I can give TV programmers a hint:

1 Try to connect with TV and get the Initializing display parameters window

2 Connect via RDP to the computer. At the same moment TV will connect! You'll have both remote connections: TV and RDP

3 Sadly, if you disconnect RDP, TV will give you a message informing that it "at this moment you can't capture the screen. It can be due to the user fast switch..." (or something like that; I have the program installed in spanish)

Posted by mLipok
Heptagon

Which Windows version you are using on remote machine ?
Regards,
mLipok , AutoIt MVP

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.

Posted by jdlaw75
Henagon

Both ends running Windows 10 Pro

Posted by bugreporttv
Electron

both machines are running under windows 10 pro.

We have two problems at the moment.

1. Inititalizing display parameters. We can't get a remote control.

2. After that you can still connect to a remote machine for file transfer. Later if you would disconnect and would again connect then you will get an error, smth like - authentication rejected.
After that you can't connect at all.

Posted by Djago
Digon

Remote: 2008R2

Client: W10 Insider (build 14986)

Posted by vnvjeep
Henagon

I just upgraded to v12 today, and now experiencing this same issue.  Viewer is a Windows 10 Pro machine... viewee is a Windows Server 2012 R2 machine.   Ugh... Any ideas on a fix for this?  Very frustrating.  :(

Posted by jdlaw75
Henagon

I had been unable to login to our server a 'headless' W10Pro PC.

After power-cycling the 'server', everything is back to normal and working correctly.

Judging by this conservation, I will not be too surprised should it happen again.

Of course, TV might fix the problem before then!

Posted by vnvjeep
Henagon

I wish I could power cycle it... unfortunately, my backup RDP into that server isn't working either, so I'm stuck at the moment until I can make my way out to this server.  Grrr.

@jdlaw75 wrote:

I had been unable to login to our server a 'headless' W10Pro PC.

After power-cycling the 'server', everything is back to normal and working correctly.

Judging by this conservation, I will not be too surprised should it happen again.

Of course, TV might fix the problem before then!

Posted by BigBadAl
Henagon

Hi All,

Same issue here on Windows Home Server 2011 as the remote machine, restarting or closing the instance of TV doesn't help, neither does un-installing and re-installing on either end.

My (local) end is either Win7 Pro x64, Win10 Pro x64 or Teamviewer on Android, all the same result:

initializing display parameters

Thanks

Posted by firstadekit
Electron

Same problem thou version 12.0.72365

Along the lines of what someone else may have reported I'm not sure if my specific problem is related to Microsoft's Remote Desktop Client also as someone else has hinted at, as that is used on the local network, and teamviewer when remote. Was fine on RDC yesterday and now have the initializing display parameters which also happened last week and a reboot resolved, and I've got the same issue again today, so going to have to go back to the site in question. 

Until this is resolved I think I'm going to have to temporarily get networking to punch a hole through firewall and set the Remote Desktop Client up on a different port as well as change the machines firewall rules for RDC, as I can't keep going back to site every time this happens.

Posted by gags
Henagon

Im getting the same error

Its just hangs at the diplay parameters

V 12.0.72365

Posted by vnvjeep
Henagon

So I worked with support, and got some resolution on this.  Basically, it looks like the ID changed.  The ID of the server I was working with somehow changed after the upgrade to the newest version of 12, so I ended up just deleting the server from my list, and re-adding it.  Along with adding it again came it's new ID.

You can try this out by just remoting directly into it's ID, instead of relying on a saved item in your list.  If you need any further explanation, just let me know.

@gags wrote:

Im getting the same error

Its just hangs at the diplay parameters

V 12.0.72365

Posted by BigBadAl
Henagon

Issue seems to be resolved, at least for me, today (19th Jan).

No removing/re-adding server was required, just click and go!

Posted by jbclifton
Henagon

same here. if i fire up RDP then the connection works fine. 

No RDP, no teamviewer.

Any ideas?

Posted by Drlnguptx
Electron

Try this...

Delete the machine you are trying to access and add it again. This time, look at the field just below the password arrow. You'll see...Start team viewer with windows, assign computer and then grant easy access...click on each one...one at a time and let the software work. 24-Jan-2017

Good luck!

Posted by gphump
Henagon

This seems to be my problem. Plus, we did a server upgrade and now RDP will only work from a linux based computer into the win 2016 server. To say the least it is a preplexing problem since I can RDP with my linux computer and then teamviewer has no problem connecting. Is there a resolution?

Posted by jbclifton
Henagon

I seem to have fixed it but someone from development / support needs to look at this as its a major error in the upgrade process (IMHO). i think teamviewer has broken all previously saved connections.

• Got to the host host machine (the one you are trying to control). likley you will have to use RDP to do that
  • look at the box 'Your ID' on the left. to the right of that box i have an ! (in blue) that has a hover tag saying "enhanced multi user support...."
  • read that box and it basically states that the Teamviewer ID you see ISN'T the ID you need to administer the box
  • i changed mine to the ID they say you need to administer the machine and it works.

TEAMVIEWER SUPPORT: the only thing that has changed on my system is the upgrade to 12 so it certainly something that shouldn't happen. each machine i now upgrade looks like its going to have the same issue and cause me extra work just to standstill. its a real annoying pain and something that shouldn't have got through QA IMHO.

Posted by Tommitulpe46
Henagon

TeamViewer have a big bug in the actually version. During the installation of the host version it do not transfer the credential of your account. Konfiguration_TeamViewer_2.PNG

Go to the menu in the task bar and then to option. Then you click on the button "Einem Konto zuweisen" and type your account and the credential and now all work fine

Konfiguration_TeamViewer_4.PNG

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Hi all!

I recommend you to try the following:

Open TeamViewer and navigate to "Extras - Options - Advanced" - uninstall the monitor driver and try it again. Do this on both sides and try it again.

The monitor driver is only necessary if you want to enable the black screen feature during a connection.

Julia
Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
Posted by cybdiver
Henagon

Re: Teamviewer initializing display parameters and hangs Version 12.0.72365

I did not have a driver installed so there was nothing to uninstall.

Also I am running 12.0.72365 and still having the problem.

Posted by Tommitulpe46
Henagon

Hi cybdiver,

please check your host in the task bar. Right-click on the icon and go to options. Then have a look to the account button. Is the host assigned to your account? If not, click on the button and enter your account with credentials. Then your teamviewer work fine

Highlighted
Posted by duane
Henagon

Same here.  Still getting this error.

1 Reply
Posted by bokener
Photon

Do not install TeamViewer by RDP, do it physically on the PC, you will have a completely different TV ID

Posted by cybdiver
Henagon

What if it's a VM? in the cloud?  There is no physical machine.