Check for suspect actions from the logs

Options

Hello,

This morning around 9AM I had to let somebody control my computer to fix some issues, but then I forgot to quit TeamViewer after that. I checked the logs and found that there are some activities along the day (at 10h18, 11h31, 11h44, 12h13, 16h02 etc.), so I'm not sure if the person connected again to my computer after the first session. I'm not even sure if the person ever terminated the (first) session or not, as I couldn't find this information in the logs.

I also checked for File Transfer actions (which shouldn't happen in any case), and saw multiple instances of "DataTransceiver" in the logs, thus I don't know if this means some files were transfered from my computer...

I would like to know if you could help me to check if there were some suspect actions. The logs can be downloaded from this link: [The link has been removed as per the community guidelines.]

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Comments

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]
    Options

Hi @f10w,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I am sorry to hear what happened to you.

Unfortunately, logfiles are for support and diagnostics of the application by our support team. Because of this, we cannot teach you how to use the logfiles (Even our supporters use specialized software to read them)

In order to assist you further please have a look at this article about TeamViewer and Scamming and report what happened to you via this page: Report a scam.

Also, please make sure to change the TeamViewer password for incoming connections both for the random password and your password for unattended access.

How to change the random password: 

If you would like to change the random password manually you can hover with the mouse over the password field and a circle-arrow appears. Click the arrow and choose Create new random password.random password post.png

How to change your password for unattended access:

The personal password is a password defined by you. If you enter a password, you will be able to use that password anytime in place of the randomly generated temporary password to access this computer (unattended access). 
    Under Extras --> Options --> Security--> Under Personal password (for unattended access) --> Password --> Type in your password --> Confirm password  Repeat your chosen password to confirm it --> click OK
    The password you are choosing will never be visible to you or anybody else. Instead of the password, you will see black dots.  You can remove the password by deleting the black dots. 

personal password post.png

Thanks and stay safe,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • f10w
    f10w Posts: 2
    Options

Hi @Yuri_T ,

Thank you very much for your help.

Sorry for my late reply, I was actually waiting for an email notification (as I remember having allowed that) but didn't receive any.

Could you please tell me how I can get technical support from your team? Do you have any paid support service? I've checked your pricing and it seems the only way is to buy a 1-year license, which is a bit expensive for my personal use. It would be great to have for example a monthly subscription option.

Thank you in advance.

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]
    Options

Hi @f10w

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, we are not able to offer monthly payments.
    Currently, all subscription packages are purchased and renewed automatically on an annual basis. Also, we do not provide individual support for private users. Please note that we are not able to teach you how to read logfiles for both licensed users and private users as logfiles are for support and diagnostics of the application by our support team.

If you are able to report this on our website: https://content.teamviewer.com/en/report-a-scam/, our dedicated team will assist you further.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator