teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Do you want to enjoy the new TeamViewer user interface for Windows?

Download the new version and let us know what you think about it! 👉 Please click here 👈

Fails to launch -- qt helper lib package no longer needed on debian?

After a recent debian testing update, I started running into this behavior when trying to launch both teamviewer preview and stable:

./TeamViewer: /opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/RTlib/qt/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5WebKitWidgets.so.5)
./TeamViewer: /opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/RTlib/qt/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5WebKit.so.5)
./TeamViewer: /opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/RTlib/qt/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5PrintSupport.so.5)
./TeamViewer: /opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/RTlib/qt/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5WebChannel.so.5)
./TeamViewer: /opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/RTlib/qt/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Positioning.so.5)
./TeamViewer: /opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/RTlib/qt/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Sensors.so.5)

I have debian's libqt5webkit5 and webengine packages installed. qt5 core is version 5.15. On a lark I just deleted the RTlib directory entirely to see if I didn't need the teamviewer-supplied qt libs, and it actually worked. Honestly I'm not sure what exactly happened, but the qt56-teamviewer dependency seems to be breaking things now.

Comments