Update now to the most recent TeamViewer Remote version 15.52. See the Changelogs here.

[Linux] v15.13.6 - Change Log

Esther
Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Operating system: Linux

Version: 15.13.6

Release date: 2020-12-16

Bug fixes

• A bug was fixed where it happened that a TeamViewer policy was applied to a managed device although the policy was already removed from the managed device in the Management Console.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented establishing a remote control or file transfer connection to Linux login screen.

Former Community Manager

Comments

• Truckeeer
    Truckeeer Posts: 10 ✭✭

Hi,

"Fixed a bug that prevented establishing a remote control or file transfer connection to Linux login screen."

It still doesn´t work on Ubuntu 20.04!!! :-(

Back again on 15.9.5 ---> no problem!

sudo apt install teamviewer=15.9.5

• pji
    pji Posts: 3 ✭✭

Have to say I'm having the same experience on 20.10 with Stable and Preview update channels. It regresses in preview builds and I have just locked it to 15.9.5 for now.

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @Truckeeer and @pji,

Thank you for your posts and feedback 😌

just to clarify, it would be greatly appreciated if you could let me know that you run the latest version on both devices.

Kind regards,

Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • Truckeeer

Hi Yuri, from windows v15.13.6 to linux v15.13.6.

So yes, latest versions.

• pji
    pji Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello Yuri, from Linux v15.13.6 to Linux v15.13.6. Having an additional issue now with Computers & Contacts just saying TeamViewer is starting Please wait... and just a spinning circle on the viewer side. Probably related but a separate issue. All clears up when I drop to an earlier version.

• mozo
    mozo Posts: 28 ✭✭

After update to Plasma 5.19.5 the panel doesn't detect TeamViewer at all. There's no icon and edit panel->System Tray->Configure applet doesn't detect it too. The icon in the panel takes one square place but it's unresponsive except to single click to rise the app. There's no right click context menu - just nothing happens.

There's no entry in System Tray Settings:

There are no such problems with previous Plasma versions. I'm not shure for 5.19.4 but in earlier versions everything is alright.

I opened a Plasma bug here:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=426206

but they redirected me to the Qt bug tracker. The Qt team said to me there's nothing they can do.

I filed a bug at the Arch bug tracker but they denied to look at the AUR package:

You can see the latest post from KDE developer Konrad Materka here:

He's pretty sure this is a TeamViewer problem. I'll be glad someone look at this problem and I hope it will be fixed. Thank you :)

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and feedback. I appreciate your contribution here in the community 😌🙌

I have checked the case about the part "Fixed a bug that prevented establishing a remote control or file transfer connection to Linux login screen" with our Linux expert and it works fine on our side on the latest version.

Therefore, to investigate further we need to look into your case individually.

Also regarding the Computers & Contacts part, we also need to investigate it individually.

Since @pji has a TeamViewer license, I have created a support ticket for you, so please reply to the ticket so our technical support team will assist you further.

For @Truckeeer, I could not find the license info however I have shared all your feedback with the Linux expert. We will look into the case further, so I will keep you updated if there is any more info I get from the dedicated team.

Once again, thank you both for your feedback, it means a lot :)

Please feel free to post if there is anything else we can do for you.

Kind regards,

Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • roger_novarc
    roger_novarc Posts: 1

Im having problem connecting to win 10 target from my linux machine.

It always says its a commercial blah blah blah and kicks me out.

From my windows machine its fine.

Oh and BTW we pay for license !

• Truckeeer

I found a workaround for the login with v15.13.6

In advanced options tick the checkbox "disable teamviewer shutdown"

Tested on Ubuntu 20 and Kali 20 distro.

Maybe someone can test and confirm.

• mozo

Bump.

• Esther

Hi @mozo Is this for the latest Linux version?

Former Community Manager

• LordHelmchen
    LordHelmchen Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited January 2021

When are you going to fix the years old game breaking problem of the Linux-Teamviewer client having the CTRL key stuck on each use?

• callmejoe
    callmejoe Posts: 2 ✭✭

on xfce desktop with arclinux, Teamviewer completely breaks the system tray.

• Esther

Which TeamViewer version are you using?

Former Community Manager

• mozo

Yes, this is the latest version and many previuos versions.

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @mozo

Can you please try to completely uninstall the Plasma app, restart the machine and install directly the latest version ?

After a quick search I saw that there are similar issues with icon disappearing with plasma app, and that's why I'm proposing this.

I hope this to help you.

Thank you.

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

@mozo

here in this link is an example of what I wrote in my previous reply.

Thanks

• Esther

I am going ahead and merge this thread underneath the last change log for Linux to make sure this info reaches the right persons.

Former Community Manager

• mozo

Please, read my thread again - there's nothing to do with icons on the desktop.

• mozo
    edited January 2021

Can I get some update here? The problem is still here with the latest version.

• mozo
    edited February 2021

TeamViewer 15.14.5 - the problem is fixed. Thank you!!!