Initializing display parameters

I'm using TeamViewer on a desktop to remote control into another desktop, and it was working fine before, but recently I started to have a problem that the interface is always stuck at the "Initializing display parameters" prompt, so I can't use it normally. What should I do? Please help me.

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

@Daphnr I recommend you to first restart the TeamViewer service on your computer.

If this does not solve the issue, you will need to restart the TeamViewer service on the remote computer as well.

We explain how to proceed right here:

Community Manager

• panalogic
    panalogic Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited March 2021

I encounter this issue whenever a user at the remote site is logged into the same PC using remote desktop. This is big problem that needs to be addressed because in some cases the remote PC is located in a server area that is not normally physically accessed by persons who regularly use the PC.

• Jlf_83221
    Jlf_83221 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I need some help. When I try to remote to another computer - the connection is made but it shows on my computer "initializing display parameters" and just stays on the screen.

I tried all the steps listed. I did the restart as the demo suggested.

Please advise what to do so I can get teamviewer working.

Thanks I look forward to your help.

• Colin_posts_here
    Colin_posts_here Posts: 6 ✭✭

This matches my experience and problem. I use RemoteDesktop when on the same LAN as the PC, but TeamViewer when offsite. Also, not sure it matters, but host PC is running on a HyperV VM, so it's using virtual audio and video devices.

Usually connection is fine (except audio NEVER works), but if someone left a Remote Desktop connection active while working onsite, then the system is inaccessible to TeamViewer with no apparent solution until someone is back onsite to turn off the Remote Desktop. This pretty much defeats the purpose of being able to log in remotely to troubleshoot a problem or do work in a pinch from the road.

• TDietrich
    TDietrich Posts: 5 ✭✭

I am having this problem as well. Remote from teamviewer downloaded on my laptop or my droid to my home pc just hangs on intializing display perameters. But heres the kicker. If I use the website interface on my laptop I can connect to my home pc so I know it works just not from app to app. I need to use the website. Need some advice please as this is not going to work long term.

Thanks