Disable Mouse and Keyoboard (and Copy/Paste function) on Local PC during connection

It would be interesting to connect to a remote computer being able to Disable Local Input (as it is for Remote Input), so only watching.

This would allow to see the screen of the remote operator without the risk of interfering while moving local mouse on other applications. A falg on the toolbar would help.

Also having a flag to temporarely lock the "copy and paste" fuction woud be great

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 7,029 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @LarryPing,

The user connecting to you is able to disable the mouse and keyboard input by using this feaure:

However, it is only available for licensed users.

The feature is not available for the free version. Users using the free version will get this pop-up:

Community Manager

• Hi, i'm looking for the same thing.@JeanK like in @LarryPing question, i WANT to disable MY LOCAL mouse on the SERVER SIDE. i keep TV open on a monitor while watching client explaining problem . in another monitor i do other staff. and in the third also. so i don't want to move the mouse and accidentally , while passing over TV session, move the client mouse. I WANT TO WATCH ONLY and interfere only if i want to. with TV in full screen is impossible.

is there a flag like the "Disable remote input" but called "Disable local input"? i've a licensed version of TV. lots of years i'm looking for this functionality. utill Teamviewer 4 and never found.

Tnx

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 7,029 Community Manager 🌍

Hi @Mirtillo,

Thank you for taking the time to write your question.

Unfortunately, we don't have any feature capable of "disabling the local input".

You can add this in our ideas hub, so our R&D department gets notified of your idea:

💡 Ideas hub

/JeanK

Community Manager