Password?

Options
TWackel
TWackel Posts: 3 ✭✭

I'm using the free personal version - want to access my iMac from home using my MBAir.

The system works great unless there is a restart of the iMac and then the password is changed.

How can I work around the changing password issue?

Best Answer

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,988 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @TWackel,

The random password system works exactly like this. Once TeamViewer is restarted, it generates a different password.

If you want to connect without any interaction of the remote user, you need to connect via Easy Access:

Community Manager

• TWackel
    TWackel Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

thanks - that was the perfect answer!

one more question - now when I try to connect via Easy Access I get the following message from the iMac I'm trying to connect to

"Either your partner isn't connected to the internet or your partner's TeamView isn't running yet. Please tell your partner to check their internet connection or to start TeamViewer.

I've done some experimenting and have discovered that if the iMac goes to sleep - then I can't connect to it - even though I have the "wake for network access" enabled?

so confusing....

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,988 Community Manager 🌍
    edited March 2021
    Options

You are welcome!

The following could be the reasons why you have this message:

• the WOL is not properly set up on your remote computer
    • the remote computer lost the internet connection
    • the remote computer has "too strong" core security settings enabled to allow TeamViewer to connect to it
    • a random bug occurred, in this case, restarting TeamViewer on both devices would help

Community Manager