Audio/Sound problem - on Mac v: 12.0.81460 - System sound goes to max when starting application

NielsC
NielsC Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I've just updated to version 12.0.81460 and now the system sounds jump to maximum when I start the application. As you can imagine if you've got headphones in and are playing music, and you accidentally forget about this bug it's very painful... Can you let me know why this is and if there's a fix schediuled?

Thanks

Comments

• rj2
    rj2 Posts: 2

This sounds like the audio ducking feature, commonly used by video chatting applications to temporarily lower the volume of other sounds.

To turn it off, go to Applications/Utilities/VoiceOver Utility.app > Sound

and then uncheck audio ducking

• NielsC
    NielsC Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hey rj2,

That could have been a good solution, but it's not changed the issue.

The audio isn't going down, it's going to max when I start TeamViewer. I may have to bite the bullet and find some different software for use on Mac. It's a weird issue and one I'm not happy to live with as I've been caught out whilst listening to music a few times and almost lost my hearing because of it!

• I'm having exactly the same problem. My version is 12.0.82953. It happens everytime I switch applications and as i have the sound routed to an external sound system it's VERY DISTURBING!!

• No ducking is the  opposite of what's happening. When I remote access the other computer the volume goes to maximum.

Just for a laugh I turned ducking off but, not unexpectedly, it made no difference.

• Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 242 [Former Staff]

Hi All,

Thanks for your post's.

Please view the following link that has some helpful hints on how to troubleshoot this audio issue.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-12/After-solving-the-quot-audio-ducking-quot-issue-we-now-have-an/m-p/12430#M6840

Our development team is aware of the issue and there will be an update to this thread once a fix has been released.

All the best,

Jonathan