Detect outdated versions

I'm using the "free" version as a perpetual 10.x licensed user. I'm converting my 10.x clients over to the latest version. Is there a way in the management console to see the version of the remote client so that I can know who I have left to update?

Best Answer

• mrobinsn
    mrobinsn Posts: 1
    Answer ✓

If anyone else goes down this path, I opened a support case and they sent me a copy of my original invoice, which has the license ID #. I was able to activate the legacy license ID which then enabled the features such as policies.

Thanks all!

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @mrobinsn,

Currently, there is no such option that can check the client's version.

However, you can update all your clients to the latest version via TeamViewer policies.

The policies you need to add are: 

• Install new versions automatically with the parameter All updates (includes new major versions)
    • Check for new versions with the parameter Weekly

You will find all the information you need about TeamViewer policies in our Knowledge Base article here: How to add a new settings policy 

Community Manager

• mrobinsn

I believe that creating a policy requires purchasing a teamviewer license and my "perpetual" license extension doesn't include that.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

@mrobinsn I confirm that your license (TeamViewer Business 10) includes the policy feature.

Community Manager

• mrobinsn

Well the problem is that I recently "updated" to the new 15.x setup but I guess I haven't "activated" my legacy license as right now it just says "free" in my console. I have no problem using any of the remote endpoints but if I go to design and deploy and then policies then it says I can request a 14 day trial.

I've opened a case with Teamviewer support to help me find my legacy license as I don't know where the email is from many years ago. I am wondering if I had not updated my workstation to 15.x if I'd still have the old license ID somewhere.

• mrobinsn
    Answer ✓

If anyone else goes down this path, I opened a support case and they sent me a copy of my original invoice, which has the license ID #. I was able to activate the legacy license ID which then enabled the features such as policies.

Thanks all!