teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Mass Update of v15.14 to current Version (v15.16)

skane
skane Posts: 6 ✭✭

I am planning on my first Mass update of TeamViewer Host and Full clients from 15.14 to the current version.

Has anyone done this on a large quantity of computers (more than 1000)? Can I simply run the update by updating the client with the MSI installer or do I need to reassign using the API Token and CUSTOMCONFIGID switches?

Thanks in advance,

Sean

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 3,846 Moderator

Hello @skane,

We recommend updating all your clients to the latest version via TeamViewer policies.

The policies you need to add are: 

• Install new versions automatically with the parameter All updates (includes new major versions)
    • Check for new versions with the parameter Weekly

You will find all the information you need about TeamViewer policies in our Knowledge Base article here: How to add a new settings policy 

I hope this could help!

French Community Moderator
  • skane

Hi @JeanK , what happens if the end user does not have administrative rights on their computer? Will it still be able to perform the installation?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 3,846 Moderator

Hello @skane,

Yes, the installation will proceed even on non-admin computers.

However, if TeamViewer has been initially deployed via .msi, the policy won't work.

French Community Moderator
  • skane

Ok thanks @JeanK - I did use the MSI Installer as part of the Mass deployment. Not sure of any other way, didn't realize you could register the EXE deployment with our client ID.