teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Which type of VPNs are treated as commercial or private use?

Before I continue. I only use Teamviewer to support my family that lives in a different country as me. I do not receive any compensation for helping them.

Question:

There are many posts on the internet mentioning that Teamviewer will detect connections over VPNs as commercial use. Currently I am using a well known VPN service that can be used to tunnel internet data through any country of choice (For privacy purposes). Teamviewer has not detected any connections over this VPN as commercial use. Neither has any of my friends ever reported that their Teamviewer has been marked for commercial use when connecting through one of these commonly used VPN services.

In addition to the VPN software service I just mentioned, I want to install a second Free VPN program (Free for personal use up to 5 PCs) that will allow me to access my fathers PC via a fixed IP in the created VPN network so I can synchronize his personal files to me for backup purposes.

How do I know if the second VPN program will be considered as commercial use, or if it will be treated as just another personal use VPN program like the first VPN package that I mentioned?

Can someone please provide more detailed info as to what type of VPN is considered as commercial use and which type is considered as personal use?

Answers

• Other1
    Other1 Posts: 1

I am still interested to know if anyone has an answer to my question.

• Other1
    Other1 Posts: 1

I am still interested to know if anyone has an answer to my question.