How to connect to PC from mobile when PC is asleep

Ray91
Ray91 Posts: 4 ✭✭

I recently added TV to my new computer and now if the application is closed or computer is asleep I cannot connect to my PC from my mobile device as I use to before. Is there a setting I need to select to be able to connect to my PC no matter if the application is running or not?

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Ray91,

It depends if the sleep mode (that can be different from one device) kills the TeamViewer service, or not.

We recommend using the TeamViewer Host on your computer and testing it on your device and see if it works.

Community Manager

• Ray91

I can connect to my pc with no issues as long as my computer has the app open. If i close it i longer can connect. On my old pc i just got rid of i was able to connect whenever from remote even if the app was closed or computer was asleep. Is this something i need to adjust in the settings to be able to do again?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

If the app is closed (and with closed I mean going to Connection Exit TeamViewer), no TeamViewer connection can be established.

TeamViewer has to be running (at least in the background) to be able to make a connection.

Your old computer most probably had a sleep mode that didn't kill the TeamViewer program - this is why it worked previously.

This seems not to be the case for your new computer.

There are no TeamViewer setting to could adjust for this scenario - it really depends on the hardware you are using.

Maybe you could look into the sleep mode settings of your new computer and see if you can adjust something there.

Community Manager

• Ray91

I just tried to see when I close the app by clicking on the x not exiting team viewer and the connection on my mobile device is not able to do it unless i open the app again.

• Ray91

I figured it out, you need to select "start team viewer with windows" on app