How to change the Easy Access account?

Hello,

When first granting Easy Access, you are prompted for the email address of the account easy access will be granted, and are given an option to change that to some other account. However, once granted, I cannot find any way to get back to that option to change which account has easy access.

Unchecking Easy Access and revoking access, and then rechecking Easy Access simply grants access again to the account that was first granted that access. How can I get back to the prompt allowing me to change which account is granted easy access?

Best Answer

• StanChen233
    StanChen233 Posts: 1
    Answer ✓

What I did:

Options-General-Account Assignment-Remove

Then sign in the account you want to get easy access.

Answers

• Sandran
    Sandran Posts: 1
    edited July 2021

Facing the same issue. Is this any software bug which is why some of the people like me are having this problem. I tried finding on the following url https://community.teamviewer.com/English/categories/teamviewer-12 about this issue but only get this exact post to raise my issue.

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi there,

you need to remove the Account assignment before you can set a new account for Easy Access.

You can learn more about Easy access here:

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• KicKeePants
    KicKeePants Posts: 3 ✭✭

Thanks, but the doc referenced there does not explain how to remove the Account assignment, it only explains how to set it up.

All I can do now is toggle Unattended Access off and on, but I can't find any way to get back to Extras --> Options --> Security --> click the Configure... button --> The Assign to account dialog box will open.

• KicKeePants
    KicKeePants Posts: 3 ✭✭

Any help @Esther ?

• MosaicBob
    MosaicBob Posts: 1

I am having this issue too. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Teamviewer on the client PC, but checking the Grant Easy Access simply reenables to old email address.

• StanChen233
    StanChen233 Posts: 1
    Answer ✓

What I did:

Options-General-Account Assignment-Remove

Then sign in the account you want to get easy access.