Best practice for letting partner organizations use you licensed TeamViewer ?

CraigC
CraigC Posts: 5 ✭✭

Good day, I'm new here so be gentle... We have a partner organization that will provide remote support to a new system we are installing and I needed a way to give them simple remote access to manage the service. I have installed TeamViewer and given them the username and a password to use to access it but they are worried that they are un-licensed. They are a large organization and are keen to ensure they are fully compliant and fully licensed to use the software on our behalf. Also providing them Remote access is part of the contract between our organizations.

Is it as simple as setting them up as a user within my management portal alongside any internal users or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍
    edited July 2021

Hello @CraigC,

It will depend on which license your organization have purchased. Could you let us know which license you have?

Also, will there always be a user in front of your computers when this organization will take control over your computers?

Community Manager

• CraigC

Hi, yes we have a multi user Premium account.

• CraigC

No the support person will manage the computer 24/7 and won't generally be supervised . However the access is to a single non domain joined file sever that only runs their application.

• JeanK

Excellent - in that case, I recommend the following:

1. Follow our activation guide to make sure your license is set up correctly
    2. Create the users in your company profile within the Management Console
    3. Install TeamViewer on all devices and set up unattended access

The support users will be able to connect to your devices without any issue.

Community Manager

• CraigC

Thanks very much Jean 👍️

• JeanK

You're welcome.

Just a last recommendation from my side: As Easy Access is only applicable to one TeamViewer account, I recommend using the personal password for unattended access as a connection method instead.

Please find out how to set it up here: Personal password for unattended access

Community Manager