iOS Files app integration deprecated?

Options
monkist
monkist Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited September 2021 in Mobile

I am running a Team Viewer app version 15.21.1453 CL on an iPhone with iOS 14.6, however I cannot see the integration to the Files app as mentioned here:

https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/29974/quicksupport-for-ios-the-first-remote-control-app-to-integrate-with-apple-s-files-app

That is, I cannot save files to, or send files from the iOS native Files app using Teamviewer File Transfer.

Is this option still available? If so, please advise how to enable it.

Thank you for your support in advance.

Answers

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,645 Moderator
    Options

Hi @monkist,

Thank you for contacting us on TeamViewer Community.

Kindly try the steps below please:

1. Open Files on your iOS device
    2. Select Browse
    3. select Locations then the setting menu ... icon then select Edit;
    4. enable TeamViewer QuickSupport then Done.

Hope the information above will help you!

Warm regards,

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • monkist
    Options

Dear @Ying_Q

thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately, the solution you offered does not work. When Editing Locations in Files, I do not see TeamViewer nor have I any option to add it anyhow, please see the screenshot attached.

Please advise how to proceed further.

Thanks in advance.

• Ying_Q
    Options

Hi @monkist,

Thank you for sharing the screenshot.

Can you kindly check whether you have downloaded and installed TeamViewer QuickSupport on the iOS device please.

Once the installation has been completed, follow the path in previous reply again to enable TeamViewer QuickSupport under locations please.

Warm regards,

• monkist
    Options

@Ying_Q

I can see that Quick Support would appear in Files like you said.

However, does Quick Support allow File Transfer?

Also, when trying to connect to QS from a PC, an error message says that the device running QS is not connected to the internet…

How would it be possible to make File Transfer happen to QS?

• monkist
    Options

Also, how would I be able to save anything to my Files if QS only allows connection TO my device and not vice versa? How would I initiate File Transfer, or say if the other party starts it, would s/he have the option to specify and transfer a file into my Files app?

By the way, why is this integration feature only in QS and not in Team Viewer, where you would have the proper controls to make use of this feature?

• Ying_Q
    Options

Hi @monkist,

Thank you for the replies.

TeamViewer QuickSupport on mobile devices are the application for accepting incoming connections. To understand TeamViewer QuickSupport app in a better way, feel free to read this article.

For the connections set up, kindly check out the article - How can I share the screen on my iPad/iPhone with TeamViewer?

Warm regards,

• monkist
    Options

Sorry but this conversation is going in a different direction now.

My original question is how I can save files to the Files app in any kind of Team Viewer version’s File Transfer on an iPhone, and this is yet to be answered.

• TeamMC
    TeamMC Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi, picking back up on this topic. I am using Team Viewer Remote Control and NOT TeamViewer QuickSupport.

I've used the "File Transfer" option within the OS app, selected my files from the source (Windows 10 client), selected my destination (Default "My Files" directory within the TeamViewer App), and clicked "Drop here". After the file transfer is complete, I am unable to find the transferred files or "My Files" location.

After, I've installed QuickSupport and I now see the folder option called "QuickSupport" within the OS "Files" app. However, non of the previous files appear there. I've also repeated the process via Remote Control File Transfer and the files are still no where to be found. They are now just taking up space within my phones storage, unable to be moved or deleted.

TeamViewer support, please open a ticket on this issue to be assigned and addressed in up coming releases.