All Special characters are not working in Catalina 10.15.7 while connecting Team viewer remote

Akabar
Akabar Posts: 3
edited January 2022 in General questions

Hi Support Team,

We are facing keyboard input typing issues in team viewer remote computers, We are using Macintosh 10.15.7 operating systems in our production systems. while connecting the systems using team viewer shift keys and special characters keys are not working. we are not able to type !@#$ keys. Please help us resolve the issues asap.

Regards,

AK

Best Answer

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 802 [Former Staff]
    Answer ✓

Hello @Akabar,

Could you please enable the option "Send key combinations" in your remote session?

You can find that in the TeamViewer Remote Session Toolbar that appears at the top of the screen of your session. Under Actions, you'll find that option.

Please let me know if that solved your issue.

Best,

Justin

German Community Moderator

Answers

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 802 [Former Staff]
    Answer ✓

Hello @Akabar,

Could you please enable the option "Send key combinations" in your remote session?

You can find that in the TeamViewer Remote Session Toolbar that appears at the top of the screen of your session. Under Actions, you'll find that option.

Please let me know if that solved your issue.

Best,

Justin

German Community Moderator

• Akabar
    Akabar Posts: 3

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your response.

We have already enabled the mentioned option in our team viewer application.

For your clarification we have mentioned our workflow details below.

I am using windows 10 OS laptop to connect the remote host which is having Mac OS X 10.15.7 + team viewer.

after connected the remote host via team viewer we just tried to connect another Mac system

using screen sharing option. when we trying to login the system using screen sharing option we are facing

keyboard input issue, as we have already mentioned in our earlier posts. we are not able to type any special

characters, because shift keys and caps lock keys are not working.

But we have tried the same with our internal network via screen sharing option everything is working fine.

only we have skip the team viewer connectivity in scenario 2. So please help me to fix this issue.

AK