Can't enable 2FA

I just created my TV account, I got the verification email, all appears to be well and good with that. When I go to enable 2FA I scan the QR code (using Google Authenticator which TV lists as a supported authentication app) and am given my code, I put the code in and it's wrong, won't accept it. I double-checked to make sure my phone was using the network provided time, I used the time sync feature multiple times and nothing. I can't get it to work. I then tried Microsoft authenticator and ran into the same issue. Not sure if anyone else has run into this and figured out how to fix it. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Answers

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @AConfusedCactus 🌵

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community!

You mentioned that the time on your phone was correct - could you please also check the time on the computer you are using? I have experienced a similar situation in which the time of my PC was the incorrect one... and it wasn't even off by much!

Please also ensure you are using the latest version of whichever browser, and try again.

I have personally tested the two factor setup on my own account in the past few days and was unable to replicate, so I hope it is a simple device-specific issue!

Hope this helps 🍀

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---