Windows 11 Pro - 21H2 with Latest TeamViewer 64 Bit

I have Googled, and Searched on here... but still don't seem to have a solution yet!

Today, I attempted to remotely check on some clients systems and do some updates. Every single machine I attempt to log into, it is asking for the end user to allow permission to connect, and then when that is done, I can only point to areas and there is no option to allow me to click on or do anything.

I have attempted the same thing via mobile (iPhone) and connect fine, but needless to say the screen size is to small to work on, but... if I log in via a Windows 10 Professional Computer... things are fine!

The machine I am using is running Windows 11 Professional 21H2

Clearly there is some sort of issue with Windows 11 and the latest version of Teamviewer, and I am at a loss on how to sort that out as NOTHING on the client side being changed, makes any difference.

Advice would be very much appreciated!

Best Answer

• TechReality
    TechReality Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Ok, seem to have it sorted now.

I first did an uninstall of TeamViewer and then re-installed it, with same issue as reported above.

Next up, uninstalled it, and then removed the TeamViewer folders from appdata\local folder and the appdata\roaming folder.

Also double checked that there was no leftover files in c:\program files\

Installed the same package that I downloaded previously, and bizarrely I am now connecting fine!

Needless to say that I will keep my eye on things, and if I don't pop back on here again, you know that the solution was and is a working one!

The things you deal with on a weekend... I dunno... :)

Answers

• TechReality

Now later on tonight, on the Windows 11 computer, if I try and access any clients (all windows 10) there is no longer any option to connect remotely! Those options appear under Windows 10 and on an iMac, so clearly this is all down to Windows 11/TeamViewer not liking something...

I cannot connect to any computers on the LAN here either, but can access QNAP NAS units fine... (new feature in QNAP QTS 5.0).

Scratching my head here.... :)

• TechReality
    Answer ✓

Ok, seem to have it sorted now.

I first did an uninstall of TeamViewer and then re-installed it, with same issue as reported above.

Next up, uninstalled it, and then removed the TeamViewer folders from appdata\local folder and the appdata\roaming folder.

Also double checked that there was no leftover files in c:\program files\

Installed the same package that I downloaded previously, and bizarrely I am now connecting fine!

Needless to say that I will keep my eye on things, and if I don't pop back on here again, you know that the solution was and is a working one!

The things you deal with on a weekend... I dunno... :)