How the **bleep** do you get in contact with TeamViewer?

HowToContactTV
HowToContactTV Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited November 2021 in General questions

This is ridiculous. I have been trying for weeks to get in contact with anyone from TeamViewer. How can it be this difficult? My problem is I cancelled my account months ago and they keep charging me.

I tried submitting tickets with no reply. Then I tried writing emails to support@teamviewer.com and sales@teamviewer.com again with no replies. Then I tried calling the support phone number only to be left on hold for 2 **bleep** hours before being disconnected.

And because I had cancelled my account I cannot even log in. So now I had to create a second account to log in and ask in the community hoping someone that actually works here stumbles over it.

I am completely stumped. I have never heard of a company with this terrible customer service.

Answers

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear you're having trouble contacting support. I hope I can, however, provide some clarification and assistance.

Regarding cancellation, please know that deletion of a TeamViewer account is not a cancellation of a license. Ticket submission prior to renewal is required in order to cancel a license.

Please also know that the two emails mentioned are not active nor supported emails. Ticket submission must be done, using a licensed account, via the support portal.

Regarding submitted tickets, all tickets are answered directly, and in the order they are received. No tickets are ignored or deleted.

As you mentioned you already submitted a ticket, if you would like to PM the ticket number associated with the request I am happy to take a look at the requests.

Thanks in advance! 🍀

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• HowToContactTV

Hi Josh,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. And to be clear I am of course not blaming you for anything (also not entirely sure if you are affiliated with TV or maybe an active user), but Jesus Christ this is the most convoluted system I have ever heard of. Was this designed by a descendent of Franz Kafka or something?

I followed your link on how to submit a ticket, which directed me to another link that told me to scroll down and press "submit ticket". This then led me to a new site, which contained the comment "One note for our customers wanting to submit a ticket but landed here: Please make sure to activate your TeamViewer license on your TeamViewer Account to be granted access to our ticket portal.", which left me stuck again.

I'm guessing this is because this account I am using is a free account, and there is no support for free accounts? (That also sounds a bit unbelievable.) But then I am a bit stuck again, because I deleted my paid account, and how would I then submit a ticket regarding it?

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    edited November 2021

Hello @HowToContactTV

Thanks for the reply.

First and foremost, please know that all moderators in our Community are dedicated TeamViewer employees, here to assist.

Regarding the ticket system; you are correct; as mentioned in the article on how to submit a ticket, a licensed account is required.

That is not to say that we do not support our free users; the TeamViewer Community is a support community for free users and paid users alike, including our support articles.

In the situation where you have deleted the account you had activated the license to, our moderator team here can help create a ticket for you. Please send me a PM containing the email address used for purchase (invoice number can help if you have it handy), and we can create a ticket for you. Once created you can simply reply via email to the direct responses.

Thanks in advance 🍀

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• HowToContactTV

Thanks - I sent you a message.