TeamViewer crash on file transfer

Options
zrktv0
zrktv0 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited November 2021 in General questions

Hello there.

On MacOS Catalina, I'm a licensed user of latest TeamViewer (15.23.9), when I copy from the remote computer to my desktop, TeamViewer crashes.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best.

Answers

• AlenaC
    AlenaC Posts: 930 Moderator
    Options

Hi @zrktv0

thanks for reaching out to us. Welcome to our community :)

I have checked your case internally and it seems that there is a little issue when transferring files from Mac to Mac. Is this also your case?

Our dedicated team is already working on it 🎉

I will keep you posted

Best, Alena

Spanish Community Moderator :)

• zrktv0
    zrktv0 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hello Alena,

Thanks for your return.

No, it's from Windows 10 to Mac file transfer. The TeamViewer on the Mac (licensed - logged in) crashes. We use MacOS to connect to a Windows PC of us, remotely control it, and get files from it.

Best,

Zarok.

• Logic
    Logic Posts: 1
    Options

Same problem here - whenever I try to transfer files from my Mac (Monterey 12.0.1) to a Windows 10 PC, TeamViewer crashes upon start of file transfer. File transfer dialogue opens just fine - it's when the actual transfer starts it crashes. I'm on TeamViewer 15.23.9. Looking forward to a fix on this issue!

• snaex
    snaex Posts: 1
    edited November 2021
    Options

Same issue - TeamViewer crashes whenever I try to transfer files from my Mac (BigSur) to Windows 10. I've tried the latest TeamViewer version and also TV v12, both didn't work. Would be great if you guys could fix this soon.

• JonathanRanger
    JonathanRanger Posts: 1
    edited January 2022
    Options

I'd be very happy if there was an update on this. I have a crash rate of about 100% at this point and that's been going on for months.

• PeterGriffin
    PeterGriffin Posts: 1
    Options

I can confirm this same behaviour transferring files from a Mac mini (late 2012) running macOS Catalina (10.15.7) using TeamViewer 15.25.5, when connected to a Windows 10 machine.

Team Viewer crashes after every file transfer. The issue can be reproduced 100% of the time.

• mslinn
    mslinn Posts: 1
    Options

Between 2 Windows 10 Pro computers, TV crashes as soon as a file transfer windows opens.

• Marvin147
    Marvin147 Posts: 1
    Options

Was there ever a resolution to this issue?

Have same problem between two windows pc's on File transfer.

Will browse directories ok but once File transfer is initiated it just crash's out of the application , no warnings , logs etc.

Using latest version Was working ok for months until all of a sudden it started happening , reinstalling TV does not resolve the issue.

Have tried other RDP applications and have no issue , only with Teamviewer.