How to properly activate new license

Options
TV01
TV01 Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Licensing

Need clarification about a new license activation. TeamViewer Remote Access license – one licensed user account for unlimited accessto 3 assigned computers.

We have set up a new CAD workstation with the TeamViewer Host application running. A subcontractor will be connecting remotely and working on CAD designs. Do we activate the license locally (on CAD workstation) or pass the activation keys to the subcontractor to be added to his personal TV account? If locally, how do we activate locally?

Answers

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,210 Moderator
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hi @TV01,

Thank you for your post✨

In this case, the subcontractor requires a licensed TeamViewer account and remote devices (CAD workstation) need to be added to the licensed TeamViewer account.

Therefore, if you want to provide the license for your subcontractor, please set up a TeamViewer account for you with which you may license the host.

For more information about the activation processes, feel free to check our knowledge article!

👉How to activate your Remote Access Plan

Additionally, in order to increase the security, we recommend using block and allowlist on the remote device (CAD workstation) and protecting the TeamViewer option with a password.

Regarding these security settings, please kindly check our knowledge articles below.

Hope this would be helpful🍀

If you have further questions, please post them in the Community!

Best regards,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

• TV01
    TV01 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options

Thanks for the reply. Still unclear. Are we talking about one side of a connection that needs a paid license or both?

Also please clarify “if you want to provide the license for your subcontractor, please set up a TeamViewer account for you with which you may license the host

Are you suggesting to set up a new TV account for the subcontractor and activate paid TeamViewer Remote Access license to that account? However, if I set up account for me (with my email), the subcontractor won’t be able to login since I will be receiving login/IP verification emails. Is there another way to better handle this?

How do I licence the host (already up and running) to a subcontractor? My understanding is that TeamViewer license is account-based.

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,210 Moderator
    Options

Hi @TV01,

Thank you for your response✨

You are completely right that the TeamViewer license is account-based, and a TeamViewer license requires on one side of a connection and it should be on the local device (= which starts the outgoing connection). Therefore, it must sign in with a licensed TeamViewer account on the local device.

In general, the Remote Access license requires activating up to 3 end-point devices to the licensed TeamViewer account. This means there is one more additional step after the license activation in order to initiate a licensed remote session.

That would be a limitation under the Remote Access license and end-point access. However, the end-point can still receive the other incoming connections and a subcontractor can still establish the connection to the end-point.

If a subcontractor is interested in getting the license, please contact our sales team directly.

Alternatively, our support team would be happy to assist you with the activation case, could you send me your email address via private message, please? So that I may forward the case to the dedicated team.

Hope you find this helpful.

Best regards,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター