a connection could not be established - error

Options

trying to connect to my pc - "a connection could not be established" - how do I fix this?

Best Answer

• TahoeDave
    TahoeDave Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Final solution! Uninstalled TV. Ran utilities to clean up registry. Restarted PC. Installed all updates of whatever kind. Restarted PC again. Reinstalled TV. It now works. The suggestion by JeanK to restart TV though the method shown in the video was not effective. Perhaps something like what worked for me would be more helpful.

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,990 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @nurmohamed16,

As a firsst troubleshoot attempt, I recommend restarting the TeamViewer service on your computer.

If this does not solve the issue, you will need to restart the TeamViewer service on the remote computer as well.

We explain how to proceed right here:

Let me know if this has helped.

All the best,

JeanK

Community Manager

• TahoeDave
    edited November 2022
    Options

JeanK, I also posted on this same issue. Tried the solution you suggested here, among many other things, but for my trouble got dinged by you as a suspected "commercial user". My post was also merged by you into the commercial user reset thread. Totally unrelated issue. None of this helps. Please look into this problem and resolve it.

• TahoeDave
    Answer ✓
    Options

Final solution! Uninstalled TV. Ran utilities to clean up registry. Restarted PC. Installed all updates of whatever kind. Restarted PC again. Reinstalled TV. It now works. The suggestion by JeanK to restart TV though the method shown in the video was not effective. Perhaps something like what worked for me would be more helpful.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,990 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

@TahoeDave Thank you so much so sharing your solution!

We'll make sure to share this info for all users having the same issue as you.

Have a great day!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Bikemad
    Bikemad Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I have just sorted a very similar problem which was caused by a missing device ID on a previously set up whitelist in the Security section.

This missing ID prevented the connection from being established between two devices that had never been connected previously.

I only discovered the connection problem by chance while I was testing different device connectivity following a TV downgrade from 15.41.9 to 15.2.2756 on several Win 7 and Win 10 devices in order to allow the wake up button to work properly again!

All devices are now working fine, so I've disabled the automatic updates on all devices to ensure that I can continue to wake devices remotely without having to open the web management console (or use my phone) every time.

• kashiffani
    kashiffani Posts: 1
    Options

I think there is issue with WAN Miniports, I got the same problem "connection to the remote computer could not be established". Given below article helped me very quickly.

https://webxcelerates.com/how-to-fix-vpn-connection-to-the-remote-computer-could-not-be-established/2023/

Thanks