Issues connecting to macs

Hi,

I've been running teamviewer for years on both mac and PC, however at my new school here is the problem

Windows accepts and connects fine!

mac will not accept the password (yes the password is correct)

The mac has full permissions and teamviewer software tells me its all good to go...

Any ideas on this?

Macs are running either latest OS or Catlina

Answers

• AlenaC
    AlenaC Posts: 947 Senior Moderator

Hi @troyjansen

Thanks for reaching out to us. Welcome to our wonderful Community 😃

When you say "at my new school here is the problem", you mean, that you try to connect from/to the same devices using your school network?

Have you tried if it works using another network? Does it work?

Or did you set up a personal password?

My first suggestion would be to uninstall TeamViewer completely (read more in the following link) and reinstall it again.

👉️ Read here how to Remote control a Mac

Thanks in advance for letting us know if you need more information.

Best, Alena

Spanish Community Moderator :)

• Well, I've been completely unable to control any of my clients Mac computers from my Windows computers for probably as much as two years and I haven't a clue why.

This isn't a complete deal-breaker for me because perhaps one in 25 of my clients is a Mac user but it is hugely frustating and a big time-waster.

I've gone on site with a laptop and failed even then - so I'm not relying on my clients to understand all the Apple security hoops they need to jump through to get TeamViewer working properly.

I've even tried installing the full version of TeamViewer on one client's machine and all that did was have the program running permanently without enabling me to access his Mac from my Windows desktop PC or laptop.

Worse, because the program was running permanently, I was unable to uninstall it because as the Mac informed me, the program is still running. So it's sitting there slowing down his Mac 24/7.

The company really does need to do some serious work on making TeamViewer work on modern versions of the Mac OS.

And, please, don't speak to me about the latest interface for checking stuff such as recent remote connections to clients - for billing.

I can't make head not tail of it.

This is a HUGE backward step. 

Truth is I find it the opposite of user friendly and completely unusable.

After happily (generally) using TeamViewer for many years (Mac issues not withstanding) I am, for the first time, seriously considering swapping to another remote-control application - and I don't say that lightly. Bob Crabtree