Mass Deployment issue

Adam_S
Adam_S Posts: 4
edited February 2022 in General questions

So I did the mass deployment with the host MSI file for our network of roughly 200 machines. I have one machine that installed, but now when we try to assign it to monitoring and asset management it asks for a "Personal password" yet we have no password set in the TVOPT file. Any one have any ideas how to correct this?

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 7,029 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Adam_S,

You can export and apply a personal password to your devices via the .tvopt file.

You'll find how to proceed here:

I hope this will help.

All the best,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Thanks, but that is not what the question was. I am trying to figure out why now a couple of my mass deployed installations want a personal password even though there is not a personal password set in the TVOPT file. I can still quick connect to them but I cannot setup the monitoring because it asks for this personal password.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 7,029 Community Manager 🌍

That's odd...

Are these devices saved in your Computers and Contacts list?

If yes, it might be worth checking if a personal password is saved in the device's properties.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• They are in the computer list and I checked the devices to see if a personal password was saved and there is not one. An uninstall and re-install was needed to correct the issue. Still see this occasionally when deploying a new machine and there is no other way I have found to correct it other than a re-install.