I cannot connect to remote PC for approximately 2400 years

Hello,

I rewrote a password which my boss sent me so I could access his PC. It didn´t work so I tried changing for example d for b etc. couple of times, then I got the connection blocked for like 60 seconds so I wrote to my boss for the actual password. However when I tried to connect it told me to wait about 1 270 000 000 seconds (+2400 years).

Tried reinstall, new account... Can´t even contact the actual teamviewer support because of free license.

Can anyone help me?

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Michal_Gabriel,

Congrats on your first post!

Based on your message, you are using TeamViewer in a work environment. So, I assume that your boss bought a TeamViewer license.

Therefore, you can contact our customer support by submitting a ticket with the licensed account your company is using via this link:

📩 Open a ticket

I hope this could help you further!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Michal_Gabriel
    Michal_Gabriel Posts: 2 ✭✭

Well it is not a commercial use as I live far away from my work so we don´t have a paid license.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

The distance between your workplace and where you are is not a relevant criterion.

Please check the section below from our Blog post Thank you for playing fair.

What is considered private?

This is the one-million-dollar question. Or rather in our case, the-starting-at-10-dollar-a-month question.

Let us start here: Private usage is most likely given when you are using our software and services solely in the context of activities, in the environment, and with the equipment available for you within your private and/or family life context.

I collected a few examples of private use for you for a better understanding:

✔ You are providing free computer support to a family member or friend using a private PC from home

✔ You are using TeamViewer on one of your private devices to connect to another private device; e.g. to look for a file stored locally;

✔ You are helping your family members to set up their private (mobile) devices;

✔ You are teaching a family member how to use a new program;

✔ You are using TeamViewer as a communication tool for interaction with family members or friends;

✔ You are using TeamViewer to connect to your personal gaming device (non-server operating system).

What is considered commercial?

Our understanding of commercial usage:

Commercial use is any use of our software and services in the context of an activity or environment that goes beyond your private or family life.

Your private use includes your circle of friends and your family but not your customers and colleagues and also not your office, work devices, or corporate network.

Commercial use includes any activities related to your work but is not limited to a context where there is any relation to gainful activities of any sort. That means e.g., that the usage of TeamViewer within a club that has membership fees or pays rent for its facilities is considered commercial. 

Allow me to share some relevant factors that are applied by TeamViewer to identify commercial use:

usage patterns typical for business or enterprise users, e.g., using email addresses with commercial domains for a TeamViewer account,

connections to, from, or within a corporate network,

connections to, from, or within a server operating system,

using typical device specifications or device types indicating a business relation.

OK - let´s put that information in a few examples:

✔ You are using TeamViewer for activities related to your work

✔ You are providing support to your customers, clients or colleagues; 

✔ You are using TeamViewer in your home office or for connecting to or from your work computer;  

✔ You are connecting from your work PC to your home PC (or wise versa) to access files stored locally. 

✔ You are using TeamViewer as a communication tool within your company or for work purposes

Commercial or Private?

Ok - let´s make this a game and you can guess: Is it private or commercial usage?

I am using TeamViewer in my home office for connections - Commercial usage

My father has a new tablet and needs my help in setting it up - Private usage

I want to play a video game after work at home and I am using TeamViewer from my mobile to stand in the queue - Private usage

I am connecting from my mobile to my work computer to check some emails when on the go -Commercial usage

I am teaching a family member how to use a new program - Private Usage

My father has a new tablet and needs my help in setting it up. As I am at work I quickly connect from my work computer to his tablet - Commercial usage

I am using TeamViewer for chatting and video calls with a friend - Private usage

I am teaching a colleague how to use a new program - Commercial usage

I am teaching a customer how to use a new program - Commercial usage

I am connecting from my work PC to my home PC to access files stored locally - Commercial usage

I am providing tech support for a living and use TeamViewer as a remote support tool - Commercial usage

I am sharing one device for my work (as license-owner) and my private life. Commercial usage - (I highly recommend never to use your personal devices for any work-related purposes. Mixed usage of commercial and private connections is not possible and not supported and requires a license. While your regular connections to your friends and family are not requiring a license - all connections to your work device do. Therefore I recommend not to use a personal device for work-related stuff as it will hinder you to support your family.)

I am using TeamViewer on one of my private devices to connect to my other private devices; e.g. to look for a file stored locally; - Private usage

We will be happy to support you with a valid license!

We thank you in advance for your understanding.

/JeanK

Community Manager