Receive error No connection to partner! Partner did not connect to router.

All of a sudden I am not able to establish a connection between my PC and my laptop. I was able to connect using the partner ID number one time. Once connection is closed, I cannot reestablish a connection. The TeamViewer installed on both machines indicate the version is up to date. This behavior has just started. To my knowledge nothing has changed in the setup.

Answers

• Trying to remote connect to my pc while traveling, I had connected once already but now I am getting an error. When trying to connect through Computers & Contacts. I have successfully connected using this method many times.

"no connection to partner! Partner did not connect to Router. ErrorCode: WaitforConnectionFailed."

After getting home I tried to connect to the PC again, and I got the same error. Then I tried to connect using Remote Control, entered the partner ID and password, I was able to connect.

I have added all the pc's that I use (mine, wife's, laptop and notebook) under one account.

Suggestions on how to fix this error.

JimK

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 7,029 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @JimK_1948,

Glad to see you're back!

Please check our troubleshooting article here: 📄 Fix connectivity issues - Partner did not connect to router

Let me know if this fixed the issue.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• I followed the instructions from the article you referenced. Disabled IpV6 on both machines; closed TeamViewer and restarted both machines. Once both machines were restarted, I started TeamViewer and tried to establish a connection between my laptop and desktop units. Same error as before, "No connection to partner! Partner did not connect to router." I was using the Computers & Contacts tab to establish a connection.

Then I tried to connect using the Remote Control tab entering the computer ID, same error.

• JeanK

Thanks for getting back.

Is a VPN enabled when trying to use TeamViewer?

Community Manager

• I use Bitdefender Total Security which has a VPN connection but I do not have it enabled on my devices. I have two laptops and was able to connect to the second on once. When I disconnected then tried to reestablish the connection, I received the same error message.

• JeanK

In this case, you could try a full uninstallation of the software on both devices by deleting the registry entries, as described in this article: 📄 Uninstall TeamViewer on Windows

Let me know if this fixed the issue.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• I uninstalled TeamViewer from both devices per instructions in the article above. Reinstalled TeamViewer on both devices, tried the connect the devices it was successful. Then I closed the connection and tried to reconnect at which point I received the same error as before. Since it had been working prior I have to assume something has changed in Windows (I am running Windows 10 Pro on both devices), TeamViewer or Bitdefender. I only use TeamViewer when I travel which has been very infrequent now.

• JeanK

This is very odd.

Have you tried placing the target computer into a different network and checking if it is working?

I have the feeling that it could be a network issue.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• The problem originated when the two computers were on different networks.