Password complexity... Again

Options

Hi

Long time user, I just encountered Your new feature, "added password complexity" after having to re-format my server pc for the first time in two years. And i hate it

i have a 10+ character long password With numbers and Capital letters, but im still getting error in complexity.

Please do add a toggle in the options menu to allow for "simpler" password complexity, im fine With it being defaulted to toggled on, but there should be a workaround that does not involve installing and older Version, setting a password before updating to current.

Also, id love to know which Version was the latest iteration pre password complexity update so i can find it online instead of picking through random Versions until i find the one where you made the change

Kind regards.

Comments

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,601 Moderator
    Options

Hello @Kennet0508,

Thank you for your post in our Community!

According to the Best practices for the Password of TeamViewer, the complexity of the password should fulfil the following requirements:

• at least 8 characters long
    • Uppercase letters
    • Lowercase letters
    • Number digits
    • as well as special characters
    • avoid adjacent keyword combinations like “qwerty” or “1q2w3e4r”

If you would prefer the easier setup on TeamViewer, Easy Access is recommended as it is password-less and easily managed with your TeamViewer account.

Hope my explanation on password complexity will be helpful and let me know if you need any more information and assistance on Easy Access too.

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员