Email exclusions not working correctly?

Options

We have setup SSO using Azure AD and want to exclude certain users from signing in via this method. I can see there is an option to do this through the Email exclusions section of the SSO settings.

The problem being that this seems to be case sensitive, so only users with an email address exactly matching the email address added to the exclusion list are excluded, and it only seems to be possible to add an email address in lower case (both when typing manually and copying and pasting), so for example user with firstname.lastname@emailaddress.com can be excluded, but one with Firstname.Lastname@emailaddress.com cannot.

Is there any way to resolve this without having to use another method? We don't currently have any user group or company entities so can't exclude this way either.

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,990 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hi @Elliot123,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community! 🚀

I got confirmed from our dev team that the system is not case sensitive, so you shouldn't have issues like this working in our systems.

I recommend opening a ticket so our engineers can take a closer look at the workflows and the tools you are using.

You can open a ticket here: Submit a ticket

Our team will be happy to assist you further!

Let us know if you have any other question around this, I'll make sure to help as far as I can.

/JeanK

Community Manager