TeamVIewer Crashes on Windows Boot

Options
Alcove
Alcove Posts: 17 ✭✭

When Windows 11 boots, TeamViewer will not load.

It is set to start with Windows, but does not.

I put a shortcut in StartUp, and it loads in the front and then vanishes. The only processor running is teamviewer_service.exe.

This was fine until maybe two updates ago. I reinstalled the program but that did not help.

After I let Windows boot, I can start the program manually fine.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Best Answer

• Alcove
    Answer ✓
    Options

I figured it out and it was just one of those obscure things. I found this out accidentally. My KeepSolid VPN Unlimited was not connecting (ended up finding out partially to ISP issues). When I disabled the VPN from starting on boot, whether it was set to connect or not, Teamviewer loaded. When i make the VPN client load on boot, Teamviewer will not start. It starts fine when I manually execute it, with the VPN running, once system booted. It will not however load at startup when the VPN does as well. Only after.

Answers

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hi @Alcove,

We are happy to see you posting again in our Community 😊

May I ask you to provide us with the exact versions of Windows and TeamViewer you are using?

Since Windows 11 (22H2) is still in review (for more information, please check our article 📃 Supported operating systems for TeamViewer) it might be the root of the issue. In case you are using Windows 11 (22H2), please submit your feedback here so that our colleagues from the responsible department see it and can consider it in the further development process.

In any case, you mentioned that you reinstalled TeamViewer. Did you proceed according to our Knowledge Hub article: 👉 Uninstall TeamViewer on Windows | Advanced Uninstall Instructions?

If not, I kindly recommend uninstalling another time and following the steps closely that are described in the article mentioned above. Please follow the instructions carefully because incorrect changes to the Windows registry can cripple the operating system! Afterward, please have a fresh download and install TeamViewer again, set your options, and let us know if this could solve the issue.

We are really curious about the outcome and looking forward to your reply.

Have a great day! 

Natascha 🙋‍♀️

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• Alcove
    Options

Hello, Natascha.

Currently is 15.37.3 (personal).

I use Revo Uninstall to remove items and clean left over files and registry entries, but I (during the last time) check to see if the entries you show in that link were specifically removed. I will have to give that a try and keep you posted (no pun).

I had to look up when 22H2 was provided and seems to be September. I know this issue has been going on for months. Maybe that is when it started, but I really can not say if it did earlier. I forget.

I will do that feedback form you mentioned.

Will reply back soon.

Thank you.

• Alcove
    Options

I uninstalled ti again, and Revo did remove those entries you shown in that other link. I double checked too that nothing "teamviewer" was left on main drive and in registry. Still, fails to completely load on boot.

Guess I wait for a fix from someone someday.

Will see.

Thank you.

• Natascha
    Options

Thanks for the detailed update. 👍

May I ask one more question? - Do you want TeamViewer to start in full mode or is it enough that TeamViewer starts in the background in the tray menu?

I will keep you posted anyway as soon as we announce full compatibility with the latest Windows version.

Hope you had a great start to the new week and looking forward to your reply.

Best,

Natascha 🙋‍♀️

• Alcove
    Options

The tray is fine, but if it has to do full frontal it be okay too. I just want it to load so when I am remote, I do not lose access because of a reboot.

I did make a batch file to load it again afterwards, but that too still crashes. Hmm, maybe if I make the batch run ten minutes after boot. Just funny how I can load it manually and it loads fine, even after reboot. But anything else donig it other than my fingers, it's process just dies.

• Alcove
    Answer ✓
    Options

I figured it out and it was just one of those obscure things. I found this out accidentally. My KeepSolid VPN Unlimited was not connecting (ended up finding out partially to ISP issues). When I disabled the VPN from starting on boot, whether it was set to connect or not, Teamviewer loaded. When i make the VPN client load on boot, Teamviewer will not start. It starts fine when I manually execute it, with the VPN running, once system booted. It will not however load at startup when the VPN does as well. Only after.

• Natascha
    Options

Hi @Alcove

Thanks for coming back and letting us know! 👍

It's interesting how things sometimes correspond.

Please let us know if you need anything else from our side. We are happy to help 😊

Have a wonderful day.

Best,

Natascha 🙋‍♀️