Button has appeared on homescreen that I can't get rid of

MattB77
MattB77 Posts: 1

I recently had to download Quick TeamViewer app at the request of the support team who provides me with medical equipment that relies on Bluetooth connectivity to phone.

Now there is a small button (icon) on the edge of my home screen that neither does anthing when tapped, nor can I remove it. It is the TeamViewer logo with a depiction of a piece from a jigsaw puzzle in the top left corner. I even removed the app from my phone and the button remains. This is really annoying as it sits on top of all other displays on my phone.

Can anyone advise how to get rid of this? I have a Google Pixel 5 phone.

Answers

• Same problem. Found nothing how to remove. Also removing all Teamviewer apps didn't help.....

• Hi support team - any update on this issue - have the same problem on a motorola android handset

• I have the same problem, also from medical software support team. No way to remove it up to now

• I also have this issue, please help!

• I also have this issue, please help!

• For anyone else with this problem: You have to uninstall it from settings:  Settings -> Apps and search for TeamViewer Universal Add-On. Clear the storage on it before uninstalling.

• gwl
    gwl Posts: 1

Same pain!

• Global_user
    Global_user Posts: 1

An annoying matter without a doubt, but the solution is simple.

Even after uninstalling TeamViewer this docking item is still present.

The solutionq: Go to Android settings>Apps and locate "TeamViewer Universal Add-on" and uninstall it. See image.