Raspberry Pi OS - Connection attempts stuck at "Authenticating"

MrGas
MrGas Posts: 1

I have Teamviewer 15.41.7 running on my Pi and on my Ubuntu VM. When try to connect to the Pi from Ubuntu, I get the prompt for a password and then enter the correct password [when i enter a wrong one, the prompt returns immediately]. After that, the status icon goes yellow and the status stays at "Authenticating" until it eventually just fails and nothing happens. Teamviewer doesn't throw an error or anything. How can I resolve this? Please help.

Below is the teamviewer info from my Pi running Buster.

$ sudo teamviewer info

TeamViewer              15.41.7 (DEB)

TeamViewer ID:            xxxxxxxxx

teamviewerd status          ● teamviewerd.service - TeamViewer remote control daemon

Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/teamviewerd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: active (running) since Sat 2023-05-13 00:54:50 EST; 1 day 19h ago

Main PID: 1260 (teamviewerd)

Tasks: 19 (limit: 4165)

CGroup: /system.slice/teamviewerd.service

└─1260 /opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/teamviewerd -d

May 13 00:54:48 Raspy-Dela systemd[1]: Starting TeamViewer remote control daemon...

May 13 00:54:49 Raspy-Dela systemd[1]: teamviewerd.service: Can't open PID file /run/teamviewerd.pid (yet?) after start: No such file or directory

May 13 00:54:50 Raspy-Dela systemd[1]: Started TeamViewer remote control daemon.

May 13 01:23:23 Raspy-Dela systemd[1]: /etc/systemd/system/teamviewerd.service:8: PIDFile= references path below legacy directory /var/run/, updating /var/run/teamviewerd.pid → /run/teamviewerd.pid; please update the unit file accordingly.

Answers

• I am having the same issue, did you ever find out what the solution is?

• I also have the same issue, but with a Linux Debian distro running on a small in-vehicle single board PC (not a Pi). What we discovered was that we needed an external display connected when the system is booted in order for TeamViewer to run. I think it has something to do with the device not loading the GUI when there is no need to, because there is no display connected. The second we connected a display, TeamViewer allowed the connection with no issue.

Do you have a display attached?

Also, I'd like to know if there's a way to force the GUI to load, but that's more a Linux question than a TeamViewer question; I'm investigating this in other forums.

• HorcaDev
    HorcaDev Posts: 4

It seems that this issue is quite topical. I also cannot access my Raspberry Pi TeamViewer host as of January 01, 2024. My Managed Device raspberry is online. However, it is not possible to establish a connection. Does anyone have a solution? I found the following information in another thread. 

https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/108873/stuck-at-connecting-when-trying-to-connect-to-teamviewer-host-on-raspberry-pi-4