Does someone know how the easy access works on shared groups ?

Options

Moi Moi

In the company i work for i got many shared groups, we used password till a short wile ago. Now we switched to easy access and since then i dont need to enter the password all the time. ( who guessed that ) I got 2 Company accounts and both work that way, my colleagues can also connect to the devices without password.

But the Costumer that are in the shared group are a different story, for them its like 80% of them work without and 20% are asking for a password. like i sad many groups at least 30

example: Customer A got 20 devices and all work fine but 1 of them asks for a password but only for him, the other 5 persons in the group dont need it.

Now the Question part:

Can someone tell me why that could be and maybe how i can make sure that everyone can access the devices without a password inside the group.

I already tried:

setting the password into the saved device under properties

removing and re-adding that person and the device

giving him Full control to the group

Best Answer

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,989 Community Manager 🌍
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Philipper,

Thanks a lot for bringing up this topic!

You're correct. When you share the groups with full control (as you mentioned) with other users, this should transfer Easy Access to them, and they should be able to connect without entering any password to shared devices.

However, we could notice that in some cases (like yours), Easy Access is not properly shared.

This is why we have introduced a new Device Management system: TeamViewer's next generation of device management

In a nutshell:

With the new device management system, devices are not assigned to individual accounts anymore but to the Company and placed in Device groups.

There are several ways to assign devices to your Company:

Once all devices have been assigned to the Company, the admins can designate Managers and decide which permissions these managers have on the devices (such as Easy Access, for example). We explain how to define those permissions here: Edit manager permissions via device groups.

This will allow your organization to define who has Easy Access enabled for which device and, generally speaking, allow your organization to have granular control over "who is allowed to connect to which devices and how".

Sorry for the super long answer, but this is a topic that requires quite some explanation to get the full picture.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/JeanK

Community Manager

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,989 Community Manager 🌍
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Philipper,

Thanks a lot for bringing up this topic!

You're correct. When you share the groups with full control (as you mentioned) with other users, this should transfer Easy Access to them, and they should be able to connect without entering any password to shared devices.

However, we could notice that in some cases (like yours), Easy Access is not properly shared.

This is why we have introduced a new Device Management system: TeamViewer's next generation of device management

In a nutshell:

With the new device management system, devices are not assigned to individual accounts anymore but to the Company and placed in Device groups.

There are several ways to assign devices to your Company:

Once all devices have been assigned to the Company, the admins can designate Managers and decide which permissions these managers have on the devices (such as Easy Access, for example). We explain how to define those permissions here: Edit manager permissions via device groups.

This will allow your organization to define who has Easy Access enabled for which device and, generally speaking, allow your organization to have granular control over "who is allowed to connect to which devices and how".

Sorry for the super long answer, but this is a topic that requires quite some explanation to get the full picture.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/JeanK

Community Manager