Teamviewer host on Windows Terminal servers randomly disabling password

Options
pdx86
pdx86 Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hi,

We have a terminal server environment all running Windows server 2022. I noticed that randomly some servers would have the Teamviewer password set to disabled and I am not sure what's causing it.

I have all of them set to "Generate new Password" after each session in the advanced settings and have the random password set to 6 characters. But then after a while the passwords will get disabled again on some servers.

Is this somehow getting disabled when a user clicks on something after a session? We have about 15-20 users logged on to each server. We have Teamviewer host 15.7 installed on all of our Terminal Servers.

Best Answer

• pdx86
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for the info. I realised I have to use the Teamviewer server ID which can be found in the About section instead of the normal Teamviewer ID that I get when logged on as a normal user. Also, I had to set a Personal password on the terminal servers' teamviewer host and use that same password when adding the server to the policy that I created.

The problem I had initially was that I was using the wrong ID and so it sees the computer as offline when I log off the server and it wouldn't let me add it to the policy I created because there was no personal Password set.

I've done all that and my policy works now. :)

Answers

• pdx86
    Options

Actually i just found out that this pop up comes up after every teamviewer session. So, some users click Deactivate which disables the password. Is there a way to stop this from poping up on the user's side after every session?

• memphiz
    memphiz Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Options

You have to create new a policy or add a settings to your existing one:

Random password after each session - set it to: " Keep current" + enforce

• pdx86
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for the info. I realised I have to use the Teamviewer server ID which can be found in the About section instead of the normal Teamviewer ID that I get when logged on as a normal user. Also, I had to set a Personal password on the terminal servers' teamviewer host and use that same password when adding the server to the policy that I created.

The problem I had initially was that I was using the wrong ID and so it sees the computer as offline when I log off the server and it wouldn't let me add it to the policy I created because there was no personal Password set.

I've done all that and my policy works now. :)