TeamViewer High CPU Usage on macOS Catalina

Options
Hardin
Hardin Posts: 1
edited August 2023 in General questions

Hello TeamViewer Community,

I'm reaching out with a concern regarding the high CPU usage I'm experiencing when running TeamViewer on macOS Catalina (10.15.7). While I find TeamViewer extremely useful for remote access, the excessive CPU consumption is causing performance issues on my Mac.

Here are the details of my setup:

- **Operating System**: macOS Catalina (10.15.7)

- **TeamViewer Version**: 15.21.4

- **Device**: MacBook Pro (2019)

- **Processor**: Intel Core i7

- **RAM**: 16 GB

- **Network Connection**: Stable high-speed Wi-Fi

The Problem:

Upon launching TeamViewer, I notice a significant increase in CPU usage. Even when there are no active remote sessions, the TeamViewer process continues to consume a substantial portion of CPU resources. This results in noticeable sluggishness and a drop in overall system performance.

I've tried the following steps to address the issue, but without success:

1. **Reinstallation**: I've uninstalled and reinstalled TeamViewer to ensure a clean installation.

2. **Settings Review**: I've checked the settings to see if there are any options related to resource usage optimization, but I couldn't find anything that directly addresses this issue.

3. **Activity Monitor**: I've used the Activity Monitor to identify which specific processes of TeamViewer are causing the high CPU usage. Unfortunately, I couldn't pinpoint any particular process.

Has anyone else encountered this problem on macOS Catalina or any other macOS version? Are there any specific settings or troubleshooting steps I should try to alleviate the high CPU usage? Your insights and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and help!